So we were sitting around looking at this picture of two guys playing guitar. One had an acoustic and the other had a stratocaster type guitar (I don't remember)
Anyway one person points to the electric guitar and goes "What kind of guitar is that? Electric or acoustic?"
The other says "It looks like and electric acoustic or something"
So I was sitting back going . I leaned in and was like "Guys that's just an electric, you know they had them back then right?" (it was a picture from the late 60's or early 70's)
So the first person goes "How many strings does that thing have? OMG!!"
I looked and reply, "Ummm....six."
He looks at me, down at the picture, over at the other person, and then says "It looks like it has like 24. Why are all the little twisty things on one side?"

So I proceed to explain how alot of guitars have that and how alot of famous guitarist use guitars like that, then ask him if he'd never noticed. He gets this blank look on his face and stares off and goes "Huh, well I guess I never thought about it..."

Anyway, I just wanted to share that epic fail...I was facepalming for hours
K' koo
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
k koo

ahhh ****
Extispicy: Predicting The Future Though The Study Of Animal Entrails...
well and your the second for making such a big deal out of it also for making a thread about it. dont be soo ignorant cause people dont know alot about something you know alot about. jeeze you kids need to grow up.
Just cuz they don't know doesn't make them assholes. If they actually tried to argue with you on it ya then they would suck, but it sounds like they were nice enough. So cut em' some slack.
one of my pupils said to me, hendrix was amazing considering he played guitar upside down.
Quote by Phazer
one of my pupils said to me, hendrix was amazing considering he played guitar upside down.

HOLY SHIT I DIDN'T KNOW EYES COULD TALK.
all i can picture is some guy randomly putting his palm to his face for hours.
Quote by convictionless
well and your the second for making such a big deal out of it also for making a thread about it. dont be soo ignorant cause people dont know alot about something you know alot about. jeeze you kids need to grow up.

Yeah, I also sometimes forget how much I actually know about guitar/music. Need to be careful in those moments TS.
Quote by Ramones06
k koo

ahhh ****

its ok. you dont want to be "that guy" anyway.

and yeah, some people are dumb. but honestly, most music fans that dont play guitar probably dont really notice that type of thing. do you really think they care what kind of guitar someone is playing?
Quote by cinder39
all i can picture is some guy randomly putting his palm to his face for hours.
Which begs the question if he realizes the irony in the fact that the TS thought those kids were retarded...
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Quote by convictionless

And you need to stop getting so carried away over issues that you yourself claim are so insignificant. it is pretty shameful to not know the very basics of guitar and whether its electric or acoustic, even my 7 year old cousins could tell me that, and honestly I probably would have reacted the same. It's sheer stupidity on their part.

Everywhere I go, you are telling people to grow up, I think you need to grow some patience and respectability. I only tell people off if they are being unreasonable, this TS's actions are perfectly acceptable.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by Jackintehbox

/fail right there. why are yanks so phailing in the humour stakes.
Quote by Phazer

Well, he could.. And therefore, that is amazing. If you can switch a right handed guitar belonging to someone else upside down and play it anyway, you're a talented man.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Jackintehbox

I don't know why, but I can't stop laughing. Thank you, Jack .

They didn't know. Yes, it was kind of ignorant to not be aware that they had electric guitars back then, but give them slack, it's not like they were telling you off and trying to 'prove you wrong'. They don't seem like pricks from what you've told us.
Quote by Phazer
/fail right there. why are yanks so phailing in the humour stakes.

that is just the beginning of his fail..
Okay I wasn't being mean about it, I nicely corrected them.
The main thing was that I've been to multiple guitar shops with them multiple times. And they're both very smart people, it just wasn't something I'd expect to hear either of them say as they both seem to know a fair amount about music...
Quote by tylsforthescars
So we were sitting around looking at this picture of two guys playing guitar. One had an acoustic and the other had a stratocaster type guitar (I don't remember)
Anyway one person points to the electric guitar and goes "What kind of guitar is that? Electric or acoustic?"
The other says "It looks like and electric acoustic or something"
So I was sitting back going . I leaned in and was like "Guys that's just an electric, you know they had them back then right?" (it was a picture from the late 60's or early 70's)
So the first person goes "How many strings does that thing have? OMG!!"
I looked and reply, "Ummm....six."
He looks at me, down at the picture, over at the other person, and then says "It looks like it has like 24. Why are all the little twisty things on one side?"

So I proceed to explain how alot of guitars have that and how alot of famous guitarist use guitars like that, then ask him if he'd never noticed. He gets this blank look on his face and stares off and goes "Huh, well I guess I never thought about it..."

Anyway, I just wanted to share that epic fail...I was facepalming for hours

So what? Not everyone plays guitar.

Eit: Nevermind I read the post above me. Yeah that's pretty stupid.
I'm a person.
Quote by ninja.kitty
that is just the beginning of his fail..

dont be silly now
Quote by IncubusMan999
And you need to stop getting so carried away over issues that you yourself claim are so insignificant. it is pretty shameful to not know the very basics of guitar and whether its electric or acoustic, even my 7 year old cousins could tell me that, and honestly I probably would have reacted the same. It's sheer stupidity on their part.

Everywhere I go, you are telling people to grow up, I think you need to grow some patience and respectability. I only tell people off if they are being unreasonable, this TS's actions are perfectly acceptable.

learn to read asshole
re read it carefully and not quickly, i said the kid who is making fun of the guy who doesnt know much should grow up. seriosuly stop flaming soo much....