http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Slashified/

ok i would like more crit for any of my songs in my profile. In some of them i've been trying to rearrange or change it because i dont feel satisfied with it. Like in "Through the door," i don't know what should i change there is something about it that is missing. Or any other songs just let me know what you think, and ill let you know what i think about yours. The more crit you give to me, the more i give to you.

Thanks, peace out!
Quote by Smokey Amp
You're a God among men.

Seriously...

Quote by ticklemeemo
Dude, you are like the coolest dude like.. EVER!
Hey man!

Well I first listened to shadow, and it was great. That one and through the door have a creepy feel to them. For through the door, I think what you're missing is a solo somewhere around the 2 minute mark, since all you've got playing there are your chords and bass. Why not have a solo over that, may I suggest in clean, which would lead up to when you start strumming those chords in distortion, and then end.

Your new riff is okay, but I mean its hard to judge something out of context like that. If you find the right place to put it in a song, then no matter what it is it can be great.

All your songs have the same instrumental vibe, and you should keep it that way.

Crit? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=935222
I really enjoyed Oblivion! I thought it was kinda Metallica-esque kind of like Nothing Else Matters or Turn the Page. it was really atmospheric, which is cool. I think if you ever add vocals, a James kind of growl would work really well.

The not named one was pretty cool as well, I like the little solos you had going on. Sounded to me like really modernized Blues, which is really interesting.

I wasn't a huge fan of shadow, though just sounded...sloppy. I dont know why, but i just didnt like it. sorry

C4C Mine please? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=15827760#post15827760
Last edited by Tubyboulin at Aug 16, 2008,
I'll crit Through The Door. I liked the intro, had a very dark atmosphere, the volumes swells were okay.. I guess it wouldn't matter too much if they were left in or taken out to me, I do think they added something positive though. The part at :59 to about 1:03 sounded odd to me, the atmosphere seemed to shift completely. From 1:10 to about 1:33 it seems like a lots going on and it seems a bit cluttered to me. I did like the tone you chose rather than just going with a clean guitar though, worked well. The solo at 3:26 comes in very randomly to me and the break in the middle is a bit awkward, I figured it was going to go back into a rhythm, but the solo itself is good. You have good riffs but I think you have problems with structuring and arranging them, work on that and you'll have a good song. Not that bad overall though.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=936402

Thanks
I only listened to the first 3 songs, but I liked them all. With Shadows, I think you should add vocals on there just to add some more variety, but I definitely like where this is going.

I can't really find anything wrong with Oblivion, I really like it.

You said that you thought something was missing on Through The Door. I don't know if you would be able to do this or not, but one suggestion would be to put in some spacey electric piano during the verses, and maybe put some organ in during the solo at the end to fill the sound out, but I like the song.

I really like everything here, and I could see these songs being really awesome with a full band. Crit mine? It's the first song on my profile.
Quote by ohhey9040
I only listened to the first 3 songs, but I liked them all. With Shadows, I think you should add vocals on there just to add some more variety, but I definitely like where this is going.

I can't really find anything wrong with Oblivion, I really like it.

You said that you thought something was missing on Through The Door. I don't know if you would be able to do this or not, but one suggestion would be to put in some spacey electric piano during the verses, and maybe put some organ in during the solo at the end to fill the sound out, but I like the song.

I really like everything here, and I could see these songs being really awesome with a full band. Crit mine? It's the first song on my profile.

i thought that your "unknown (Demo) was cool especially the intro with the drums. Tone was good. But i really liked the multiple leads together reall original. Yeah nothing wiring with this really i think you need to find lyrics. At the end i personally thought the the solo was a little muffled out, it could have used more volume.

Contradictions: the verse (reggae style) isn't really my thing but i liked the laid back chords for the chorus i guess. There is something about the recording that makes it seem distant, it sounds like your across a big room playing. Maybe record closer to the mc or turn the volume up a bit. And at one point it seemed kind of odd because you started to solo for like 1 second but that was it...overall i think you have really good ideas you just need tiny adjustments here and there with quality and stuff.
Quote by Smokey Amp
You're a God among men.

Seriously...

Quote by ticklemeemo
Dude, you are like the coolest dude like.. EVER!