Poll: Should I take up drums. (Read Below First)
Poll Options
View poll results: Should I take up drums. (Read Below First)
YAY
26 76%
NAY
8 24%
Voters: 34.
So... I want to take up drums but should I really waste my time/ money on a drumset? I am a pretty good guitarist and I just want to see the other side of the spectrum I guess. the cheapest decent drum set I could find was $450 (American). I do not really have the money for it and I would have to save up over a pretty good period of time because there is just so much money a teenager can make with paying for gas, cell phone ETC. So pit.... should I save up for drums or should I keep putting money in my guitars?
Quote by Aaron the 4th
GAYS...we don't hate that your gay we hate that your proud of it
Depends. Are you happy with your current gear?
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
im a guitarist drummer and its a great thing, but if i had my time again i would to keys first because this gives you the best musical grounding.
Quote by Nirvana6722
So... I want to take up drums but should I really waste my time/ money on a drumset? I am a pretty good guitarist and I just want to see the other side of the spectrum I guess. the cheapest decent drum set I could find was $450 (American). I do not really have the money for it and I would have to save up over a pretty good period of time because there is just so much money a teenager can make with paying for gas, cell phone ETC. So pit.... should I save up for drums or should I keep putting money in my guitars?

Im a drummer as well and I say go for it.
I started on drums and moved onto guitar to add to my instrument list so I could make songs on my own.

BTW the SC board has a poll for best drums under $500
http://studio-central.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=63255

On the other hand, if you are really tight on cash I suggest staying away from the drums for now, lower end sets require new cymbals and heads which will run the price up even more. If you don't have the cash you should just stick with guitar for now, you can always save up for drums at a later time.

you could also go for a used set, Craigslist.org always has them along with other gear. Most of the time they just need to be cleaned up and have new heads installed but you get great deals.
Last edited by moody07747 at Aug 16, 2008,
What I'm doing is spending most of my money and time on guitars and whatever I have extra I use to buy cheap $20-$30 woodwind instruments like harmonicas and ocarinas.
So... Many... Drum... Threads...

So... Little... Use... Of... Searchbar...

Eeeaarrghhh!
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/westaussie/

Quote by StratPat

Quote by blacksabbath8
So I had to take a massive dump, and I went in the bassment. So it's been down there for a while and the stench is terrible and i think it's seeping into the floor.

Drums are my firsdt instrument and I love playing, I picked up guitar 2 years ago and found it quite easy.

If you are happy with your current guitar gear and if you are willing to take the time to get the hang of it (the 'knack' of playing drums) then I reckon you should.

If you are gonna buy a full kit you are gonna really have to commit, maybe get someone to teach you some simple things and work up from that.

And also the 'knack', what I said before, is kind of the stage where you just...get it. Everyone gets it for guitar, where you go from a pile of ****, to 'hey, I'm not actually that bad'. Seeing as you already play an instrument you should have the required rhythm for drums. Holy **** that's a lot of writing.

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
And not waving but drowning.
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.