Ok guys... so i'm looking into buying a practice amp to have in my room and i wanna know what you might suggest. It doesn't have to be really loud, just enough for house practice by myself (so probably 20 watts down and under is fine). I plan on playing Metal (Tool, The Devil Wears Prada, type of sound...), some alternative (RHCP), and i use a lot of cleans (Our Lady Peace kind of cleans). Here's what i mainly need though:

-Stereo sound
-Mic in if possible (mainly XLR); could also be Aux in
-AC powered
-Good with effects

Also, i'll be running this with an Epiphone Les Paul Custom/Fender Tele Standard MIM, Digitech Whammy, Ibanez Weeping Demon, Rocktron Banshee Talkbox (Sennheiser E835 Vocal Mic), Boss FV500 Volume/Expression Pedal (soon to get), and a PODX3 Live processor.

Like I said, just a good practice amp that i can use my guitar and mic with. Oh... and budget isn't a problem, although i would prefer <$300.

Thanks guys!!!

EDIT: I don't mind going tube either, but i don't want something too loud and huge.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Last edited by evening_crow at Aug 16, 2008,
Quote by stangconv
I was gonna say Try out a Microcube.... but you need stereo?

How about a Street cube?

http://www.roland.com/PRODUCTS/en/CUBE_Street/index.html

I was considering a cube (probably the 15 or 20 or even the micro) and saw the street cube. Seems nice and all, but there were some bad reviews of it in musiciansfriend.

Any other suggestions?

EDIT: checked it in the GC website and they have good reviews of it there... Seems like the best way to go so far.

Last edited by evening_crow at Aug 16, 2008,
*bump*

The new Peavey Vypyr series looks very promising imo
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
i think the Mini Colossal from Peavey has a mic out option. it's 5 watts, Class A, built in tremolo, but it's around 500$, so if you want to go a cheaper route, Gretsch electromatic G5222. 5 watts, Class A, two inputs, one volume, 195$.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.