I've recently purchased a Boss ME-50 meaning that my old DS-1 is pretty much of no use now since it has one built in. I thought about selling it but its not worth much to make it worth my while.

I was thinking that maybe I should have a go at modding it instead (Maybe a Keeyley Mod). I'm not sure if it's really worth it. I'd like to have a distortion pedal on its own but don't see the point if its the same as the ME-50's.

I'm into a wide variety of stuff. Grunge (Nirvana), Classic Rock (Hendrix/Clapton, AC/DC), Alternative/Indie (The White Stripes, The Vines), Hard Rock (Guns N Roses) and a bit of metal (Metallica).

I don't really know a lot about electronics but I'm pretty tech savvy and willing to give it a try.

P.S. Don't give me recomendations for a new amp because I use a better amp to gig then in my sig. (It's a long story)
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
The Keeley mods seem to be pretty popular. Search it up on the internet and you'll find the schematics for modifying it.

Good luck with the modding.

Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Definitely worth modding it. It'll improve the sound alot. At the end of the day, the ME50 is still digital, so once you've modded the DS-1, you've got a nice analog effect. The Keeley Mod is great, pretty beefy. I'm not expert with this though, but I understand it's quite easy to do and really improves the tone.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
well the keeley mod is a good idea,how about you trade in for a digitech metal master it's worth it
JACKSON RR3 WITH EMG'S

PEAVEY 5150 HALF STACK

ZOOM G9 'N' IBZ WEEPING DEMON

SQUIER STRAT (SUCK)

CHEERS
germanium diodes with asymetrical clipping?
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial