hey, I have just had my first ever guitar lesson which was pretty fun and I have been told that my left hand is pretty good at moving chord shapes and the like but my right hand is pretty awful lol. Does anyone have any nice chord rhythm songs for me to practice my chord positioning and right hand strumming? or any advice? thanks ug
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Nirvana - Come As You Are
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Dean Michael Schenker Custom
Ibanez MTM1
Ibanez Canary Chorus
Ibanez Shark Distortion
Boss CS-3
Dunlop DB01 Dimbag Crybaby From Hell
Quote by metallica1222
Nirvana - Come As You Are

okay il give it a look, thanks
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Smells Like Teen Spirit- Nirvana
Dani California- Red Hot Chili Peppers
Have a Nice Day- Bon Jovi

All pretty easy and a simple solos to play as well too
Gear:
95' Fender Richie Sambora Standard Stratocaster
06' Symphony SD54
07' Epiphone Les Paul Custom Plus
08' Recording King RD-17CFE
Fender G-DEC30
Line 6 POD XT
Blackstar Series One 45 Combo
10' Ernie Ball MusicMan JP6 BFR
cool i like playing little lead bits I feel like im not progressing very well, my tutor was asking me if i could listen to a song and then know the jist of how to play it or at least know what key it was in but i couldnt to save my life any tips on that?
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Anything Green Day. And no, Billy Joe Armstrong doesn't deserve a signature guitar for his "creativity"
My metal is more br00t4lz than yours

Gear:
Squier Strat
ESP B-10 Bass
Peavey Backstage
Quote by lwayneio
cool i like playing little lead bits I feel like im not progressing very well, my tutor was asking me if i could listen to a song and then know the jist of how to play it or at least know what key it was in but i couldnt to save my life any tips on that?

Read up on music theory mate!
Gear:
06' Symphony SD54
Fender G-DEC30
Line 6 POD XT
The ramones song is EASY and quite fun to learn
JACKSON RR3 WITH EMG'S

PEAVEY 5150 HALF STACK

ZOOM G9 'N' IBZ WEEPING DEMON

SQUIER STRAT (SUCK)

CHEERS
Quote by GuitarGuy X
Read up on music theory mate!

well i know that in most cases the note that starts the song is typically what key its in right? but i cant tell a note accurately from another, is it just something that will develop in time or do i need to excersise my ears to know what notes are being played?
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Quote by lwayneio
well i know that in most cases the note that starts the song is typically what key its in right? but i cant tell a note accurately from another, is it just something that will develop in time or do i need to excersise my ears to know what notes are being played?

It comes over time and comes with practice. The more ear training you have, the better u will be.
Gear:
06' Symphony SD54
Fender G-DEC30
Line 6 POD XT
Quote by rhoadsworship
The ramones song is EASY and quite fun to learn

Yeah, I was gonna say this. Or you could do Wonderwall or something else simple by Oasis
"I wanna see movies of my dreams"
Quote by guitarplaya322
Yeah, I was gonna say this. Or you could do Wonderwall or something else simple by Oasis

I dont think his playing an acoustic, look at his rig in his sig
Gear:
06' Symphony SD54
Fender G-DEC30
Line 6 POD XT
Quote by GuitarGuy X
I dont think his playing an acoustic, look at his rig in his sig

It is, contrary to popular belief, possible to play acoustic songs on an electric.
All your base are belong to us.
Quote by Xp3ns1v3
It is, contrary to popular belief, possible to play acoustic songs on an electric.

True, but no acoustic songs will sound as good on the real thing. However, its up to him.
Gear:
06' Symphony SD54
Fender G-DEC30
Line 6 POD XT
I just want easy songs that use the basic major chords (e,a,c,g...) with maybe some little lead bits or fills or something. Or something that has a lot of barre chords, anything you think will help
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Patience by Guns n' Roses. Nice soft song, easy chord progressions, easy to sing along with and has a nice easy little solo to help you get started.
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by -Blue-
Let Her Cry - Hootie and the Blowfish

Nice, simple chord progression, with a few solos to attempt.

never even hear of them but the description is good il check them out 2night, its so annoying though cos i am living with parents over the summer and so i have no room and aint allowed to play the guitar in the day sucks cant wait to go back to uni
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Try some Papa Roach. Something like "Crash", "Scars" or "Be Free".
Quote by stinger12345
It even says "High Quality" in the title, so you KNOW it's quality
could anyone help me with barre chords? basically im watching this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Io9eEwg7cw and when he does the c barre chord he using his ring finger to barre the A shape (if you get me lol) and i have been trying to do it but I just cant seem to angle my finger correctly. I seem to mute strings i dont want to. I also cant control my pinky at all when attempting this and iv been told you need to use your pinky while being in that postion for a fill later in the song. can anyone give me some advice? thanks..any more song suggestion appreciated as well
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Quote by -Blue-
Just don't strum either of the E strings, and be sure not to touch the A string, too. What you're talking about is pretty much a power chord with an extra note.

yeh, i play power chords with the ring and pinky though so im not used to barreing with my ring finger, and it seems that when i do my little finger does dead straight facing the ceiling and cant move, I broke my little finger a year ago so maybe thats why but i find it impossible.
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Like A Rolling Stone - Bob Dylan

Nothing difficult, the only chords in the whole song are C, Csus4(only intro), Dm, F, G, and Em.

Across the Universe - The Beatles is another real easy one.
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
^^ thanks dude, i just need easy songs to help improve my right hand rhythm cos i dont got none lol. My tutor said that in my next lesson we are going to try learning that dire straits song so i though i would try and get a head start we went over it briefly last lesson and I struggled with the same thing i just cant seem to barre with my ring finger and leave my pinky free to move it just goes stiff. My tutor seemed as stumped as me and just said to leave it till next lesson.
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
here are some really easy songs that are in the open end chording. most all are repititious riffs so you can get em down fairly fast.
problem child....ac/dc....d,a, d,g, is the main riff you can you tube problem child. if you`ve never heard it
little devil by the cult is another easy to do rocker, it also starts in d but i cant remember the rest....u tube it.
momma by danzig is like 3 chords mabey 5 at most but it kicks arse...tube it
these songs are really easy to play but because they rock and you can really saw on your guitar w/ your pick hand they are a lot of fun to play....real loud...
epiphone gothic lp
ibanez arc-300
epiphone traditional pro lp
vox ad100vht head.
vox cab
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by Wulphy
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

thanks for the suggestions above i will utube them. I have learnt the first bit of wish you were here but I am a bit stuck on the first little lead bit, there is a slide while fretting the bottom 2 strings from the 3rd to 5th and then another slide but im really bad at the slide i seem to either miss where i want to go or the note doesnt sound for long enough. Any tips? my left hand aint too bad for the rest just that slide.
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Practice. What you're describing is what WE'VE ALL BEEN THROUGH Practice, Practice, Practice. Even Jimi Hendrix had trouble at first with Barre Chords and reaching those fingers out to make chord shapes...
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
i know that all ya'll wont like this...especially if u are a guy, but a good, easy chord song is 7 things by: Miley Cyrus. I play that song, and its very good chords.
Quote by jerseywake79
i know that all ya'll wont like this...especially if u are a guy, but a good, easy chord song is 7 things by: Miley Cyrus. I play that song, and its very good chords.

i aint too bothered what the song is as long as its practice and achievable at my level. I am trying to practice whatever I find I struggle with during my lessons outside during the week b4 the next one as I am quite poor and at £15 an hour i need to make the most of them so I dont want to be going over the same things time and time again.
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
you could learn highway to hell by ACDC also.

ACDC pretty much only uses A, E, G, D chords for the songs, and all the chords i mentioned are open.

Plus it has an easy solo.
"I wanna see movies of my dreams"
Quote by guitarplaya322
you could learn highway to hell by ACDC also.

ACDC pretty much only uses A, E, G, D chords for the songs, and all the chords i mentioned are open.

Plus it has an easy solo.

aw okay il check that one out as well, I kinda know that one as well which should help.
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube