Can a "Marshal DSL 401" produce the tone of Slash, such as in "November rain" and "Estranged"?
Quote by AdamDK
Not really. Especially if you're not using a Gibson Les Paul. Really, a Jubilee or JCM 800 + Gibson Les Paul is what you'd need to nail his tone. Then, you'd need his fingers to sound like him.

Video of some guy with a decent attempt at the Sweet Child O' Mine tone with a DSL + Gibson

^ That's the closest I've saw anybody come to it with a DSL.

That is pretty close.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
you can get close.
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Tribute (Bare Knuckle Nailbombs)
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul (Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentinent)
-Ibanez S470 (Dimarzio D-sonic and Humbucker from Hell)
-PRS SE Custom (Guitarforce Black Diamond and Lord of the Blues)

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
EVH 5150III EL-34 50w
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Super Chorus
Bogner Uberschall
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Electro-Harmonix Power Booster
Fender PT100 Pedal Tuner

Strings:
Ernie Ball Skinny Top/Heavy Bottom 10-52
you could use a Traynor YCV50 to get closer...

I still dont understand why everyone is going after slash's tone. ITS GENERIC MARSHALL TONE PEOPLE GET OVER IT!
Quote by Highwaytohell
I still dont understand why everyone is going after slash's tone. ITS GENERIC MARSHALL TONE PEOPLE GET OVER IT!

+1.
In fact, I think Slash's tone with G'N'R is horrible. It sounds "mushy" and "squishy" - and not the nicest thing I've ever heard - but it's not too easy to replicate exactly - but a generic tone can easily get close.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
I don't get why people try copying someones else tone at all. Find your own tone, you'll be much happier.
You can get a much better Slash tone if you go to www.ceriatone.com and you'll see marshall clones there JTM, JCM800, Plexi clones etc. I never heard a single negative comment on the Ceriatone amps.

Best of all, you can order an amazing head that is as Marshally as it can get or extremely close to it for under $1000 USD. In fact they're $840 USD plus shipping. So order that and go to guitar center and look for a marshall speaker cabinet and u won't be sorry.
"(Monster cable)....oh they're durable. You can
tie up people with it
"

- Slash