How do you measure the output of pickups? More specifically, the output of active pickups.
Guitar:
Dean Vendetta 3 - Dave Mustaine Livewires

Amplifier
Carvin X100B - Bias Mod - Tungsol 12AX7's - JJ KT77's

I have built the most badass 212 that puts all others to shame
Don't know, maybe you could do it with a multimeter or something? The company that made the pickups probably lists it on their website.

Why do you want to know? It's not like the info has any real use...
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Well, you can get all technofreaky and bust out a bunch of meters and things with lights on em or you can do it the easy way. Plug into a nice loud amp (a Marshall or a Boogie half stack should do ok) and turn it up, peg that biotch all the way to max everything and lean in close to the cab, pick out a power chord you like and let her rip! If your face isn't forced to the back of your head and your eardrums aren't hiding behind your pancreas then the pick-ups lack a potent sauce.
I guess it would have helped if I listed why I needed to know.

I want to make sure that the one labelled as the bridge pickup is actually the bridge pickup. One of them had a yellow band up nearer to the pickup and the tech said that it was the bridge, although he didn't sound certain. But after installing them, the neck pickup sounds a bit 'hotter' to my ears so I just want to check.

I found a website about how to measure pickups with a multimeter but it said that it can't be done with active pickups because of the battery. So i was just curious to see if anyone has ever measured the output of one before.
Guitar:
Dean Vendetta 3 - Dave Mustaine Livewires

Amplifier
Carvin X100B - Bias Mod - Tungsol 12AX7's - JJ KT77's

I have built the most badass 212 that puts all others to shame
If one of them is a bit hotter than the other, raise the other one. Pickup height has a pretty big effect on how hot the pickups sound, I believe.

You can even raise one side while keeping the other side lower if your thinner strings sound weak compared to your thicker strings, for example.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
cause the vibrations near the neck are bigger bridge should be higher to compensate also thats why there higher output normally

good luck!
Music is the holy grail, sod wine water and the blood of jesus