I now own a MIM stratocaster with a mapple neck.

When I bought it I didn't knew much about mapple and rosewood, now that I do I know I want a rosewood fretboard because I don't like the crispy tone of the mapple.

The thing is that I don't know if I want a telecaster or a stratocaster.

I like all kind of music but heavy metal, and country. I mean I like metallica but don't like shreds. I want to learn to play blues alot ( just found a great teacher ).

I've always been really attracted to telecaster but always choose stratocaster over it because I don't know anything about telecasters.

I'm gonna go see them at the store today or tomorow ( want to buy on monday ), but I don't want to be screwed by the dude who works there.

What should I know ? ( want to buy a standard american one ).
Standard Telecasters are great for blues, and they look five times sexier than Strats.
Quote by soapalot
Standard Telecasters are great for blues, and they look five times sexier than Strats.

A nice sunburst strat beats all teles out of the water any day.

Before this turns into a thread deciding which is sexier, whichever way you go, I'm going to recommend an HSS pickup configuration. The humbucker will let you do metal better, and the single coils are still there for blues and such.
I wouldn't get HSS. You won't like it very much. I had one and I just always used the neck and middle positions. I play the same kind of music you do. But that's my personal preference. When I got a SSS strat, it blew me away though.

I'd say go with a rosewood strat. Rosewood on Tele's is a lot harder to get than a maple neck. Maple just gives teles an extra twang. And good for you, buying American. You'll really enjoy it.
Quote by Mecler
I wouldn't get HSS. You won't like it very much. I had one and I just always used the neck and middle positions. I play the same kind of music you do. But that's my personal preference. When I got a SSS strat, it blew me away though.

I'd say go with a rosewood strat. Rosewood on Tele's is a lot harder to get than a maple neck. Maple just gives teles an extra twang. And good for you, buying American. You'll really enjoy it.

I always liked HSS better. I have an SSS Squier (stfu), and when I tried both SSS and HSS Mexi's, I liked the HSS better. I would have bought it, but my wallet was crying so hard, I couldn't...

It all boils down to the TS's opinion, though. Try everything out and ignore the pain-in-the-ass sales guy all you possibly can.