I heard that Tremonti use DADADD,i'm afraid tuning the 2nd string a 2 step higher (String Breaking),how do i tuning like that or should i use 2 1st string?

Any help?
JACKSON RR3 WITH EMG'S

PEAVEY 5150 HALF STACK

ZOOM G9 'N' IBZ WEEPING DEMON

SQUIER STRAT (SUCK)

CHEERS
what i mean with the 2 1st string is we use 2 1st string at the higest string is that possible? thank you before
JACKSON RR3 WITH EMG'S

PEAVEY 5150 HALF STACK

SQUIER STRAT (SUCK)

CHEERS
all i know, is that if your using an 11-52's or lighter string gauge ur strings will not break. ive tuned to this tuning before, you'll be fine, unless ur axe is a piece. just don't tune quickly, be gentle about it.
I use d'addario 8s and my strings never snap when I tune to DADADD.
Just tune slowly.
Been away, am back
Yeah what they said
"...I tell them if its sounds good it's good, no need to change..."

Yngwie Malmsteen-
so i must use a lighter string,,okay i'll try it thanks.
JACKSON RR3 WITH EMG'S

PEAVEY 5150 HALF STACK

SQUIER STRAT (SUCK)

CHEERS
I use d'addario 8s and my strings never snap when I tune to DADADD.
Just tune slowly.

um,,this morning i bought a new packs of string.it's a EB Slinky 8s,i manage to tune my guitar to DADADD, but the 2nd string tension is too high.so when i bend it at 18 fret,Voila the string break DAMN I JUST BOUHT THAT DAMN STRING!!! what's should i do?
JACKSON RR3 WITH EMG'S

PEAVEY 5150 HALF STACK

SQUIER STRAT (SUCK)

CHEERS
New string,duh.

I think you should use at least 9's.I've tuned my guitar to that tuning before,it was fine.No string snapping or whatsoever.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
If the tuning for Open Your Eyes is DADADD, then try tuning to CGCGCC, and capo'ing up 2 frets (or play it open if your like). This is a good compromise tuning, all strings tune down or stay in standard, with the exception of the 2nd string, which now only tunes up a half step rather than a step and a half. Much more manageable and less like likely to pop the string.

I use to mess around with this song, but I believe I did tune up to DADADD on my acoustic without issue. But I hate tuning up just due to the increased likelihood of breaking the high strings.
Discolored skin gives me away.
get another high e string and put that in place of the second string

however when you want to go back to standard you need to remember to replace that string for a b again
i use d'addario 9's i i've no problem to tune them to DADADD...
my only problem is playing the solo beacuse the 2nd and 3rd string are damn too hard to play for me