13 65%
Peavey Classic 20
3 15%
Voters: 20.
Im thinkin either

Vox AC-15
Orange Tiny terror
Peavey Classic 20

any other suggestions that maybe wont break the bank tooo much?
Schecter Emo-7--->Various Boss Pedals--->Peavey XXX 120watt head----->Marshall1960AV
Quote by -MintSauce-
Do I look like I need a team of helpers and trained animals to carry out my daily activities?
hmmm Laney VC-15 also sounds like a good idea, arent they quite hard to come by for a reasonable price though?
Schecter Emo-7--->Various Boss Pedals--->Peavey XXX 120watt head----->Marshall1960AV
Quote by -MintSauce-
Do I look like I need a team of helpers and trained animals to carry out my daily activities?
Quote by Ashervallen
hmmm Laney VC-15 also sounds like a good idea, arent they quite hard to come by for a reasonable price though?

Just over £200 new. I wouldn't buy if you live in America.
wow really? £200 is about 600 New zealand dollars, and some dude was selling one online for 750 the other day, i guess new zealanders just arent very generous when it comes to deals
Quote by -MintSauce-
Quote by Ashervallen
wow really? £200 is about 600 New zealand dollars, and some dude was selling one online for 750 the other day, i guess new zealanders just arent very generous when it comes to deals

Bear in mind they are much cheaper here because they are made here.
Peavey Classic 20 or a Laney VC.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Quote by Horlicks

What happened to your one?
Any chance you'll fix it?
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by Simsimius
What happened to your one?
Any chance you'll fix it?

It's been sent off for repairs. I'm saving for another small combo now, probably boutique.

Regarding the tiny terror, I really don't find it very special, it just sounds really plain, and the lack of features is a killer. I prefer a two channel amp also.
Quote by Horlicks
It's been sent off for repairs. I'm saving for another small combo now, probably boutique.

Ah ok.
Btw, don't Cornford do a small 15w combo? And blackstar?
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
Quote by Horlicks

do you think it would be cheaper to buy a VC15 from the UK and get it shipped here than to buy it here?
Quote by -MintSauce-
Quote by Simsimius
Ah ok.

Cornfords 6watt "The Harlequin" is a damn sexy amp, a little outta MY pricerange but if i had the money i would soo buy one
Quote by -MintSauce-
Quote by Simsimius
Ah ok.

Aye, I'm looking at the Cornford Hurricane at the moment.

^^ No idea, but then again you probably shouldn't buy it without trying it first. I'd say the Classic 30 is pretty similar in tone.

^ A little? Perhaps you could save a little longer as it's definitely worth it.
Last edited by Horlicks at Aug 16, 2008,
Quote by Ashervallen
do you think it would be cheaper to buy a VC15 from the UK and get it shipped here than to buy it here?

It depends on shipping costs.

Quote by Horlicks
Aye, I'm looking at the Cornford Hurricane at the moment.

I envy you!
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
There all good amps but I would go for the Orange Tiny Terror or the Vox AC-15. I don't really like Peavey too much to be honest. It depends what kind of music you play: Metal, Punk, Death - Orange; Rock (and all the softer variations) - Vox
yea im seriously considering the tiny terror, i have a lame ass Vox AD15VT atm, but it does the job, it has a little too much muddy bottom end, and the distortion sounds ummm hmmm how do i say it, too british.
Quote by -MintSauce-
Quote by Ashervallen
yea im seriously considering the tiny terror, i have a lame ass Vox AD15VT atm, but it does the job, it has a little too much muddy bottom end, and the distortion sounds ummm hmmm how do i say it, too british.

The TT is VERY British
Quote by Horlicks
The TT is VERY British

+1.
So are all the amps mentioned.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
Quote by Horlicks
The TT is VERY British

hmmm its hard to express what i mean.
I play prog-metal, and although i am a metalhead i DONT scoop out my mids, i boost them for clarity and articulation, but the vox sound... argh its hard to explain!!! my vox has really WIIIDE sounding Mid, that is sort of blunt, id explain it as a bicycle helmet.
and when i tried out the tiny terror, it had more of an imac shaped sound, sort of like the eq goes boINK! hmmm this isnt really helping

what im trying to say is... a vox sounds like a bicycle helmet, while an orange sounds like an imac monitor? argh!!
Quote by -MintSauce-
I have the VOX AD30VT and I understand what you mean, don't get yourself bogged down in explaining yourself, some people will understand, if they the amp they should.
There is very little in the way of expression in terms of the Mids on that amp and it is fairly British.
The Orange will sound British as well but it has a more American distortion to it, more like a Mesa, from my experience anyway.
I have been stronly considering upgrading from my VOX to something more raunchy like the Tiny Terror, or just go straight for a ENGL Powerball, Hughes&Kettner Trilogy or the Framus Dragon head with cabinet. It will of course take me longer to save up for but once I've got it, I won't need anything else except for a better practise amp down the line.
fender deluxe or fender princeton. they are pretty cool sounding and you can crank 'em up without cracking the drywall. not to say that they're not loud enough for gigging.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Fender amps are wonderful sounding, with the right gear supporting it you can encourage it to sound very different from what you expect; very grungy, or even some metal.
well well, so it seems i have put the peavey classic 20 on layby, for only 650 NZD!!! thats about 200 GBP with todays exchange rate, in AS NEW condition!!!!!!!!! wooot woot.
Quote by -MintSauce-