Poll: which?
Poll Options
View poll results: which?
sx strat
2 12%
mexican strat
15 88%
Voters: 17.
Which do you think is better? I found an early 00s mexican strat for about $80 more than what I can get an SX strat for from rondo music.
Mexican strat? As in Fender? If so, get it!
Gear:
95' Fender Richie Sambora Standard Stratocaster
06' Symphony SD54
07' Epiphone Les Paul Custom Plus
08' Recording King RD-17CFE
Fender G-DEC30
Line 6 POD XT
Blackstar Series One 45 Combo
10' Ernie Ball MusicMan JP6 BFR
I bought an agile and really liked it. I was just wondering if the mexican strats of that age are really $80 better than the current sx. I did play an sx strat in a pawn shop once, and thought it was a pretty decent guitar, albeit heavy.
i imagine the fender might have better resale value, if thats a factor.
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

Yes, thats a great price. There could be a catch to it, its that cheap. The Mexican Strats are quite good.
How much is it?

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
The Fender. SX really aren't that good. More budget gear.
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
yeh get the mexican, the construction quality is really good and it sounds like a strat should
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
As cheap as SX is, it's pretty much built for the price, that's about it. You'd do much better with the Mexi-Strat, honestly. If you clean the SX up and give it a once over with the upgrade pick, it could be a pretty good guitar but stock, the Mexi is better.
My SX SST57 Looks and Plays better than all the MIM's I tried out at our local GC. I'm not kidding - it's a sweet Ax. The new stock is coming in with better workmanship, QC, etc. My action was PERFECT - no buzzing - no intonation problems, frets were sweet - hell they felt like they'd been polished. My Pickups and electronics all work nicely and it stays in tune for days on end!

The high-gloss Maple Fretboard is amazing - better than any MIM I tested and sure beats ANY of the SQUIERS I was looking at too. Super Slick and fast as snot!

I put the Whammy back on it now and I use it sparingly but haven't really had any tuning issues doing so.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!