the trial version of "Transcribe!"

It's an awesome software that can completely remove vocals (and sometimes lead guitars) and it can also slow down songs if you wanna tab songs that are fast.

This really makes it easier to tab songs and I've completely removed the vocals for a lot of songs and tabbed them from there.

I've tried like 10 different vocal removers and all of them suck.
This one however is amazing.
When you download the trial (link below) you get a 30 day long trial with all features available.

it sounds like I'm advertising but I'm not lol

here's an example file with the original and the one with removed vocals:
(it wont upload, if anyone wants it I'll mail you -.-)

http://www.seventhstring.com/xscribe/download.html

happy tabbing
Quote by Carmel
You are a redeeming feature for the UG Swedish population.

All-riiight.
Quote by bapplebo
Can it remove death metal growling?

well it completely removed a couple of my deathcore and metalcore songs so yeah I guess
Quote by Carmel

All-riiight.
It's decent, I dont find it doing a better job on the vocal removin than audacity does, though the "remove top" function (and the select bass) are usefull for bassplayers, in most songs this leaves you with just the bass and drum.

Personally I don't think I'll use it, but I can defo see it being usefull for bass players.

oh and it doesnt "remove" vocals on any of my metal songs (or any songs for that matter) it just lowers their volume slightly so you can't hear em as clearly as you did before... again, it does a decent job, but for the vocal work I don't find it workin any better than audacity..
Last edited by Slicer666 at Aug 16, 2008,
Quote by Slicer666
It's decent, I dont find it doing a better job on the vocal removin than audacity does, though the "remove top" function (and the select bass) are usefull for bassplayers, in most songs this leaves you with just the bass and drum.

Personally I don't think I'll use it, but I can defo see it being usefull for bass players.

oh and it doesnt "remove" vocals on any of my metal songs (or any songs for that matter) it just lowers their volume slightly so you can't hear em as clearly as you did before... again, it does a decent job, but for the vocal work I don't find it workin any better than audacity..

really?

cause it removed the vocals entirely for me.

and ^^ you use it by going in to audio effects and controls and check "Active" and then press karaoke

Audacity does remove vocals too but I don't like it as much as Transcribe cause Audacity seems to lower the sound quality for me.

though the songs gotta be well mixed by the artist if it's gonna remove the vocals
Quote by Carmel

All-riiight.
Last edited by billybusa at Aug 16, 2008,