Ok, im looking for a new guitar, cause ive been playing for 2 years. Im gonna get a peavey 212 valveking soon and i just got a metal muff recently. I love southern metal and experimental rock, i.e buckethead etc etc. And as far as necks and bodys go, i love Les Pauls's and dean ml's

Anyway back to the problem. My budget is around £700. I would love a dean from hell for the floyd, or an Epiphone Les Paul Zakk Wylde bullseye (with an emg 81/85 set) and with the money saved get a Digitech whammy pedal 4 so i could do divebombs on the les paul

Problem with the dean is, i have never had a floating floyd rose tremolo before, and that raises problems for me, i.e dropping the tunning and changing strings

I have played both guitars and i love both, I would really apprieciate some help guys! ALL advise is welcome. Thanks
Bazza

Epiphone Les Paul Special ll w/ an SD Dimebucker and a Dean Zebra neck pup
Bugera 333xl Head
Bugera 412-bk Cab
Roland Cube 15
Behringer Hell Babe Wah
Dan Electro tuna-melt
EHX Metal Muff

Bugera Lover!
if you already have an okay guitar, tune that one ddown and leave the floyd in standard, its what i do, or get an ibanez with a ZR trem cause you can downtune without issues. if you have the choice though, go with the dean, it plaays nicer, the zakk wylde is not so great.
Man thanks for the idea, and lefthandman, im really picky about the way a guitar feels. What guitars do u suggest?
Bazza

Bugera 333xl Head
Bugera 412-bk Cab
Roland Cube 15
Behringer Hell Babe Wah
Dan Electro tuna-melt
EHX Metal Muff

Bugera Lover!
dont know as im not big on metal (im a bluesman myself) but i just know there poor choices, maybe try a better les paul, you can get a sweet tokai for that price or a cheap gibson (not so good) or maybe look into ibanez, i personally dont like them but for metal from what i understand there not easilly beaten, the zw and dean may look cool but there not very good

also sig guitars like the zw are always pointles and overpriced, if i were you id get a good amp first, a poor guitar will sound better through a decent tube amp but a better gutiar will sound the same through a ss practice amp, my us tele and my plywood strat sound the same through my old practice amp, exactly the same
Quote by lefthandman9876
dont know as im not big on metal (im a bluesman myself) but i just know there poor choices, maybe try a better les paul, you can get a sweet tokai for that price or a cheap gibson (not so good) or maybe look into ibanez, i personally dont like them but for metal from what i understand there not easilly beaten, the zw and dean may look cool but there not very good

also sig guitars like the zw are always pointles and overpriced, if i were you id get a good amp first, a poor guitar will sound better through a decent tube amp but a better gutiar will sound the same through a ss practice amp, my us tele and my plywood strat sound the same through my old practice amp, exactly the same

Yeah i know, tbh im not a fan of ibanez necks, ive played 3 or 4 and i was never in love with them, as far as the zw is concerned, its only an extra £40 than an epi cutsom and i could put the EMG HZ set into my special ll !!!! Zakk also is my favourite guitarist but that doesnt come into it, also i love the unfinished maple neck on it. And as far as the dean from hell goes, i love the feel of them and the bill laurence would suit my style alot more than a sd dimebucker (on nearly every other dean). Also im gonna get a peavey valveking 212 before ALL else.

Thank you for the advise thow

But i still think a digitech whammy would let me make some great sounds in my set up, any thoughts anyone?????
Bazza

Bugera 333xl Head
Bugera 412-bk Cab
Roland Cube 15
Behringer Hell Babe Wah
Dan Electro tuna-melt
EHX Metal Muff

Bugera Lover!