I hate to be one of those guys who brings a bass before you, asking what it is.

But, rejoice, for it is not just a random bass I picked up for £20 at a car boot sale, hoping it might be worth a bit.

The bass in question, is just a random picture I found in my travels, no headstock shot, just the body, but it looks like it is pretty distinguishable from just that. I just have not got a clue what it is:

Anybody know?
Currently attempting to learn: The Dissentience by Protest The Hero in it's entirety.
I believe it an Ibanez model of some kind.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
ibanez SRX 400 or 500.

edit: my bad, its a 350
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
Quote by danielrobbyshor
ibanez SRX 400 or 500.

Exactly.

It's a great bass.
Quote by danielrobbyshor
ibanez SRX 400 or 500.

Oh! Apparently I didn't look very hard. Thanks

Quote by smb
Exactly.

It's a great bass.

Is it? I really like the look of it, but can't say I've ever played one. Kind of want.
Currently attempting to learn: The Dissentience by Protest The Hero in it's entirety.
Quote by Metalcredge
Is it? I really like the look of it, but can't say I've ever played one. Kind of want.
I've played quite a few of them since a lot of places stocked them at the time when I was looking for an amp so it made a good test bass. The only thing that really puts me off is the 2-band EQ when I really prefer 3.
Quote by smb
I've played quite a few of them since a lot of places stocked them at the time when I was looking for an amp so it made a good test bass. The only thing that really puts me off is the 2-band EQ when I really prefer 3.

I've noticed it retails at around £250, which is quite cheap. Have you played any of the higher models such as the SRX750?

And also, kind of want the SRX08LTD even though it has cherry blossom on the scratchplate. This forum has created a monster.

Yeah, SRX350. I've got a SRX590 myself and I quite like the SRX range. More muscle than an ergodyne but with a bit of percussive quality to it as well. I'm not sure of the flash is messing it up (given the white neck, when you can see the actual colour at the base of the neck), but the photo doesn't really do the binding any justice.
Quote by Marcel Veltman
Being a rather mediocre musician myself, I'm all on the hand of Haanz.

Guitar:
MIM '09 Fender Telecaster
Laney VC15-110 Old English White '10
Freshman FOP1DN Acoustic

Bass:
Ibanez SRX590
Laney RB4
Tech21 SansAmp BassDriver DI
Boss ODB-3
Quote by Metalcredge
I've noticed it retails at around £250, which is quite cheap. Have you played any of the higher models such as the SRX750?
I haven't played the SRX750, but I've played all the other models of SRX. If I was looking for a higher-end bass I'd be more interested in the SRs than the SRXs.

That limited edition model looks fabulous though...I've been eyeing that one up on the website.
Quote by Haanz
Yeah, SRX350. I've got a SRX590 myself and I quite like the SRX range. More muscle than an ergodyne but with a bit of percussive quality to it as well. I'm not sure of the flash is messing it up (given the white neck, when you can see the actual colour at the base of the neck), but the photo doesn't really do the binding any justice.

I love binding which is a different colour from the body, I don't know why, symmetry (sp?) perhaps?

Quote by smb
I haven't played the SRX750, but I've played all the other models of SRX. If I was looking for a higher-end bass I'd be more interested in the SRs than the SRXs.

That limited edition model looks fabulous though...I've been eyeing that one up on the website.

It's retailing at around £249, which I think is a bit mad, because it is a sexy bass alright. I didn't know the SR was the same sort of thing as the SRX, i've never really been interested in ibanez basses because I hated my brothers Jem guitar when he had it. But I think I might have learnt a lesson today!
Their basses are definitely very different beasts to their guitars. I've got two Ibanez basses (ATK400 and AGB140) and they're both quality instruments that stand out from the Fender crowd.
Quote by smb
Their basses are definitely very different beasts to their guitars. I've got two Ibanez basses (ATK400 and AGB140) and they're both quality instruments that stand out from the Fender crowd.

Well, I currently have a Traben Phoenix 5, and i'm always on the lookout for new beauties. Do you think you get what you pay for? I'm interested in attractive instruments which sound great as well and that SRX08LTD could well be in those criteria, as it is also quite cheap.

If it came in an SR model, i would more than likely want to save up my pennies.
Last edited by Metalcredge at Aug 16, 2008,
I love the SRX and higher end SR models. The SRX really are great basses at a great price, though I have only personally played the SRX750.
I want to go back to 4 strings, but you know, wouldn't want to think I was downgrading or anything, so I want something on par with the traben, or better, or even unique in it's own way. As long as it doesn't sound crap basically.

Now to wait for my loans and grants to come in!
I gigged with an Ibanez SRX 595. The thing was amazing, loved the tone and playability... But i don't buy big name instruments, i play customs