Hi everybody!

I play experimental / noise / drone doom music, and I've been thinking about buying a new amplifier. After some research I discovered the Orange Thunderverb Head and fell completely in love with it. First I thought about buying Orange cabinets to go with it, but then a good friend of mine suggested that I would probably find it interesting to play the head through a bass enclosure, since I'm addicted to low-end and high volume.
Do you think that playing the Orange Thunderverb 200w Head through the Ampeg SVT-410HLF Bass Enclosure would be a good idea? I use an Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-top (tuned in C) with some Boss pedals.

Cheers!
200 watt ? Tube ?!
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
I think you're getting too much power there, try looking at a lower wattage head

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
It can switch down to 100 watts, besides some people (Including me) love high-headroom. Cranking an amp isn't the only way to get good tone.

There is also a built-in attenuator.
200 watt ? Tube ?!

Yeah.

I think you're getting too much power there, try looking at a lower wattage head

Well, the other Thunderverb is 50w... do you think it's going to do a good job? I'm no expert...

Thanks for the comments.
Last edited by Diogo Correia at Aug 16, 2008,
Quote by Horlicks
It can switch down to 100 watts

o then its change alots of things.

but seriously when are you gonna use 200 watt.
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
Quote by Hcmanu

I'd assume the drop in volume from 200 watts to 100 would be quite a lot less than you would think, the difference between 50 and 100 watts cranked at 10 is only 3dB
Quote by Hcmanu

Duh, When you want to kill babies

good old Orange, Producing amps and Thinning out the population!
Well, I could get an Orange Thunderverb 50w, but then what cabinet would I use?

I'm looking at the Ampeg SVT-810E and it seems to be perfect, but what do you think?

Cheers!
Quote by acdcrocks0323
AFAIK, the Thunderverb is also a bass amp. That means that the 200 watts would be needed (maybe not needed, but not extremely overkill) for the bass to be heard in a mix.

+1

That would actually be a kickass bass rig that TS is talking about putting together.

For guitar, I'd lean towards the 50W model and a guitar cab - but that's me. If you know you like the sound of guitar thru bass speakers, you can certainly do this. Makes more sense if you double as a bass player, IMHO.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
He comes the storm of UG tards that have never used anything above 30 watts and never played live

To the OP, try it out. I really want that amp. Lotsss of gain but its really smooth. Sweet amp, its a beast.