What would the amp settings for the 80s hairmetal era be?

Im assuming high trebele and gain but no idea what else please help

Gain:
Treble:
Middle:
Bass:
Reverb:

I'm playing an Ibanez RG270 through a Fender Frontman 25r if that helps
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
Of course, but settings change the way the amp ounds, I know my amo isnt fit for hairmetal but i wanna get as close as I can. If you think settings dont affect anything just put everything on 5 and then adjust one knob at a time and hear the difference
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
just put hella reverb and treble (not to say no bass or mids) on your cleans, and then get your gain to a suitable level and then eq it til you find a suitable distortion tone
still, if you are going to use a fender, go with near-10 gain, boost the lows and mids, and put the highs on about 3-5, because fenders usually have alot of top end
Just buy a distortion pedal and a chorus pedal and you're set. The 80's were all about chorus.
Quote by viper_mike
use a marshall

All I have is a 10 watt Marshall. Are you saying that would be better? It doesnt have any effects and only one master tone knob, no treble, bass , etc. And Im not about to buy a marshall right now because I don't even have enough for new pickups. All i wanted were amp settings not amp suggestions
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
Lots of chorus, lots of overdrive, and lots of mids. You'll need more than that MG10 and Fender Frontman you're using now, though. Neither of them will cut it.
Quote by Flying Couch
Lots of chorus, lots of overdrive, and lots of mids. You'll need more than that MG10 and Fender Frontman you're using now, though. Neither of them will cut it.

How about a Vox Valvetronix? It has build in Chorus too I believe
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
Quote by Polystant
How about a Vox Valvetronix? It has build in Chorus too I believe

I have some Vox Valvetronix stuff - just a tonelab. It does the job more than acceptably. I wholeheartedly recommend it. But I thought this wasn't for amp suggestions?