I've currently got a yamaha pacifica 112v and when I bring the pick upselector all the way up the tone seems to be quiter than when it's down. Is this due to selecting the single coil instead of the humbucker or is there an other reason for this?
The bridge humbucker tends to be louder than the single coil pickups on my Pacifica -- I think that is fairly standard, though. The trebly bite of the bridge probably makes the tone seem louder, too.
^ i think he means the tone and volume knobs, which on any cheap guitar, is more or less true. can be rectified for very little money (like, less than £20 if not £10) if you can solder, though.

just to clarify the original problem- do you mean that the tone is warmer, or that the volume is lower, or both?

a neck single coil will probably be a little warmer than a bridge humbucker (though it'll be brighter in a different way, if that makes sense, because it's a single coil), and will probably also be lower in volume.

it's kind of hard to say though, as depending on what it sounds like, there could be something wrong too...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?