ok, a little question here...

first off i dont actually play bass too much... (I prefer guitar),
but has anyone had any experience with the 'California' Series that fender put out??
it just says california on the headstock nothing else....

Is the Bass any good?

Greg
sXe
Quote by witchhammer
you, sir, are terrible.

I'm finding new ways to make the same mistakes,
putting my dreams onto paper and then folding them into planes,
then I let them go because when in Rome,
I set fire to what I love the most.

there was a thread about this a day ago... wasn';t there?

searchbar
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
do you mean squier calofornia series?
they can be quite nice for money, but i would go with squier standard series myself
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
The Fender California series was the precursor to todays standard deluxe series. They were basically mid-range instruments that were part made in Mexico and part made in the US (just enough work was done in the US that they could legally write "Made in the USA" on the headstock)

They were only made in 1997 and 1998.
ok well it just says 'California' on the Headstock... and yes there was a post yesterday... that was me with a different question..
Quote by witchhammer
you, sir, are terrible.

If its the Squiers with the California series sticker on the pickguard, means they're just Squiers made for distribution in Asia.
Quote by Demon Wolf
Man, you even got the melody right. +1000000 points.

Quote by Night_Lights
^thats a brilliant call. *jots in notebook*
Yeah i was wondering this myself. My school has the California series, are the good as far as school instruments go?
ok... i asked one of my friends, and its a squier, but apparently their good basses.... for an average or learning bassist... thanks though.
Quote by witchhammer
you, sir, are terrible.

Quote by GSD N3
ok... i asked one of my friends, and its a squier, but apparently their good basses.... for an average or learning bassist... thanks though.

squier calofornia series arent really bad, and they are really cheap, they are only export models i think so you cant find them in the USA that easy. they are the most common in my country thouhg
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
You says it just says California on the headstock. How do you know it's a Fender? All Fenders say Fender on the headstock.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
not a fender, is squier.
Quote by witchhammer
you, sir, are terrible.

The california was a discontinued series by squier. It is basically a Standard squier with better pickups.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke