Just so I'm sure here, when I install a killswitch (On a Strat-style guitar) It doesn't matter which prong I connect to the hot and ground, right? Like it could go
killswitch prong 1>ground
killswitch prong 2> Hot
OR
Killswich prong 1>Hot
Killswitch Prong 2>Ground

Right?
EXACTLY!
You've got it.

Well..
With this method I'm pretty sure theres no difference depending on whether you have a fender or a gibson. Because all you need to do is connect the hot and ground together by pressing the button.

Are you a big Buckethead fan?
"If you find your truth, follow it. People may say, "What the heck are you doing?" But it's OK if they don't get it. If you follow it, stay true to it, and respect it, you may be in store for the greatest journey you could ever imagine." - Buckethead
go to instructables.com theres one for a removable one and installed one. Im not cracking my guitar open if i can just plug in a cable.

^^ The cable killswitch is almost useless is your using the switch as an effect while playing...
Weekend Warrior
Jeff Miller: Yep, Buckethead and Tom Morello!

Only one more Question: Do I unplug the wires currently attached to the lead and hot? Or do I leve them on and solder the wires as well?
*goes to look at instructables*
Correct. As long as you incomplete the circuit, it will cut the sound.

leave the wire soldered where it is. Clip it in the area where you're putting the killswitch, strip it at the new ends, and solder to each end of the SPST switch.
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
Quote by TehNez
Correct. As long as you incomplete the circuit, it will cut the sound.

leave the wire soldered where it is. Clip it in the area where you're putting the killswitch, strip it at the new ends, and solder to each end of the SPST switch.

Wrong. You attach a wire to each lug of the switch, and each other end of that wire to the hot and the ground. It doesn't incomplete the circuit when pressed, it completes it. In other words the output is grounded when you press the button.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster