Page 1 of 3
Hello.Kitty
UG Member
195 IQ
Wait Fall Out Boy did a bad song?

It gives me chills still thinking about the fact that they covered Beat It and failed horribly. At least the Unseen gave a bad ass cover of it.
I_Pwn
is gonna find you
2,803 IQ
Quote by Hello.Kitty
Wait Fall Out Boy did a bad song?

It gives me chills still thinking about the fact that they covered Beat It and failed horribly. At least the Unseen gave a bad ass cover of it.

FOB doing Gorilla Biscuits:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibvas-K2Noo
brnh.bandcamp.com
Hello.Kitty
UG Member
195 IQ
Oh no. Do I dare open it?

EDIT: I did. Wowzers.

You know the pop punk and emo forum actually discuss this band seriously? Like ... they're serious. Theres also a Jonas Brothers thread. People here actually find this stuff full of talent and appeals to them. Blows my mind.
Last edited by Hello.Kitty at Aug 16, 2008,
JesusOfSbrbia
*-)
1,343 IQ
I love the Foo Fighters, but I have to say their cover of "Kiss the Bottle" is terrible, mostly because Dave Grohl doesn't sing it. The dude's voice doesn't fit the song at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tF0AzWOBn6M

It's weird how all the bands influenced by Jawbreaker are either really awesome, or really horrible.
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Hello.Kitty
UG Member
195 IQ
Foo Fighters is my most hated band in the history of music. Too tired to explain.
Bayonetwork
My Nutrients!
547 IQ
Quote by JesusOfSbrbia
I love the Foo Fighters, but I have to say their cover of "Kiss the Bottle" is terrible, mostly because Dave Grohl doesn't sing it. The dude's voice doesn't fit the song at all.

It's weird how all the bands influenced by Jawbreaker are either really awesome, or really horrible.

Lucero did a pretty good cover of it. Ben Nichols' voice goes really well with it.
If morning's a bitch with open arms, night's a girl who's gone too far.

OMGWTFBBQ
devourthekitten
UG Monkey
2,088 IQ
Quote by JesusOfSbrbia

And those not influenced by them are even better.
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
4,159 IQ
Quote by JesusOfSbrbia

I don't think it's that bad.

The guy singing in that cover is Chris Shiflett who played guitar in No Use For A Name. Foo Fighters have a lot of punk cred. Of course Dave Grohl played in Scream, but they've also had Pat Smear, Franz Stahl of Scream, and Nate Mendel and William Goldsmith were in Sunny Day Real Estate (not punk but whatever).
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Hello.Kitty
UG Member
195 IQ
Foo Fighters are the biggest sell out band in the history of music.
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
4,159 IQ
You're a Rancid fan....

'Nuff said
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Hello.Kitty
UG Member
195 IQ
Foo Fighters write songs to keep on the radio. They make jingles. They are money hungry greedy musicians.
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
4,159 IQ
I can hear a Rancid song on the radio any day of the week.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

JesusOfSbrbia
*-)
1,343 IQ
Quote by element4433
I can hear a Rancid song on the radio any day of the week.

I've never heard a Rancid song on the radio.

Quote by Adam_Harrison9
Bull****^^^

I don't even like Rancid but I've never ever ehard them on the radio nor seen them on MTV.

Radio, no, but I did see "Fall Back Down" on MTV a couple times back when it came out.
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
RizzoWashburn
Unregistered User
283 IQ
Yeah I don't even like them but Rancid>>>Foo Fighters.
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
4,159 IQ
They play Time Bomb, Roots Radical, Falls Back Down, and a couple others along side Nickelback and Hinder on Alternative Rock stations.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Hello.Kitty
UG Member
195 IQ
You'll find a lot of stuff on SIRIUS. Theres also a punk channel playing a lot of old school hardcore.

I'm talking about fm radio that Foo Fighters write a new song every month to make sure their music is still on the radio and making money.
TheAdict310
1,355 IQ
Man, hating on Rancid is so punk.
I'm not a punk rock hero and you're no fairy princess, just 'cause you're beautiful and I've got a stupid haircut.
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
4,159 IQ
Quote by Hello.Kitty
You'll find a lot of stuff on SIRIUS. Theres also a punk channel playing a lot of old school hardcore.

I'm talking about fm radio that Foo Fighters write a new song every month to make sure their music is still on the radio and making money.
I'm talking about the Former Orock 105.9 and Real Rock 101.1??? on FM radio.
Quote by TheAdict310
Man, hating on Rancid is so punk.
I'm talking about my love Foo Fighters. Do you really think I care what's punk or not?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Hello.Kitty
UG Member
195 IQ
I love your attitude like you like Rancid what would you know.

Its attractive.
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
4,159 IQ
I don't know what you're trying to say, but I don't like Rancid.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

mike2
967 IQ
I hear rancid on the radio everyday...roots radical, timebomb, ruby soho...
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
Amuro Jay
JOHNNY STOCK
8,211 IQ
Quote by Hello.Kitty

nobody writes a new song every month... they might release a new single every month, but all those songs were released on the cd at the same time, so... its not really new.
mike2
967 IQ
how the **** am I privileged? having to endure that retards music.
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

Hello.Kitty
UG Member
195 IQ
Quote by jetfuel495
nobody writes a new song every month... they might release a new single every month, but all those songs were released on the cd at the same time, so... its not really new.

really
mike2
967 IQ
were is sargasm? I can't wait till this douche is perma-banned for the millionth time
Quote by BrianApocalypse

SuperBlob
DIRECT HIT!
1,589 IQ
Woah, do I have some sort of "People don't like the Foos" alarm in my head? I just came here for no reason, and then this is happening

And anyway, I haven't heard about any new songs from them since The Pretender

Maybe I just don't pay that much attention though
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
devourthekitten
UG Monkey
2,088 IQ
Quote by jetfuel495

It's really easy to write a new song every month, I write more than that. You're stupid.
werty22
Banned
1,095 IQ
I don't think FOB's Start Today cover is that bad. It's fine.

I didn't bother to listen to the links in the original post.

I've never heard Rancid on the radio. I've seen videos on Fuse once or twice. Then again, I never listen to the radio or watch music channels.

It seems like this forum constantly complains about certain bands (The Casualties, Rancid, Anti-Flag, etc) and there are certain bands that people aren't allowed to dislike (like Jawbreaker, the first wave of punk in New York, etc).
Jett Diamond
DOG MAN DANDY
969 IQ
I don't like Jawbreaker, I don't like the Casualties, and off the top of my head, two regulars (Rockthe40oz and Lavazza to a lesser extent) often hate on the first wave of punk. Oh and axe too.
I think a good number of people on the forum just happen to have similar tastes (to some extent) and similar views.

Besides, the majority of people I know make fun of the Casualties and Anti-Flag. It's certainly not limited to this forum.
DOWN&OUT
pinheadslts75
BrainDamage
1,113 IQ
That entire Bad Scene, Everybody's Fault tribute album. Which included that ****ty cover of Save Your Generation.
Bayonetwork
My Nutrients!
547 IQ
Yeah, that CD should have been called "Bad Scene, Everyone on this CD's fault".
If morning's a bitch with open arms, night's a girl who's gone too far.

OMGWTFBBQ