My original plan was to obtain an Ibanez Xiphos (seven string version)....but I've recently thought about my playing style, and I'm not sure how well this would work....I enjoy playing in C standard...and the Xiphos would give me this range plus some extra. I have my guitar currently set up in C standard, but it doesnt hold up well in this tuning, and it has a lot of extra buzz and such that's annoying as all hell. I was looking at Michael Amott's signature guitar, and I managed to play it once in a Sam Ash, and I fell in love with it, and since he's not endorsed by ESP anymore, my whole thing about not wanting to play an artist's signature is kinda gone. I love the way the Ninja looks and feels, but I would love the range of the Xiphos.

Shortened, I'm not sure which guitar to save up for. Help?

Maybe some owners of these guitars could help me out?

Thanks.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

How much time have you spent playing a seven string? They can be uncomfortable to people who are used to playing six string guitars. Also, you'd have to tune it UP to play in C, as the low string is tuned to B in standard seven string tuning.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by GodofCheesecake
How much time have you spent playing a seven string? They can be uncomfortable to people who are used to playing six string guitars. Also, you'd have to tune it UP to play in C, as the low string is tuned to B in standard seven string tuning.

I spent about 4 hours in a guitar center playing the Xiphos, and I fell in love with it, and it was a bit awkward up until I got used to the wider neck. That was my main dilemma, my current guitar sounds...bleh in c standard, but the Ninja is kinda built for that, seeing as how it's user designed it for it. I was going to get the Xiphos for it's range...but I'm not sure if I need that. If I got the Ninja, I would tune my current guitar back to E, and put the Ninja in C, but my main dilemma is which one would be more useful in the long run, I've played and love both guitars, but I'm not sure which is more useful in the long run.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

IF you get your current guitar properly set up then it should sound good. The initiation might have gotten messed up when you down tuned it.
My Gear

Guitar
DEAN Razorback Shards
Wesley crappy cheap thing

Amps
Cheap Crappy Freedom Practice AMP 15watts
VOX AD50 Valtronix
I went and got it set up, they told me that some guitars have natural fret buzz that cant be fixed I have no idea if that's true or not, but my guitar has a floyd rose, which may be affecting it.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance