hey i got an epiphone sg special and i am gettin new pick-ups for it soon. i want to get that sludgy stoner metal black sabbath,sleep ect. sound to it. any ideas for a good pick-up for around 100 $? thanks
Well first of all what amp do you have, because that'll have a much greater impact on your tone. Do you have the amp that comes with SG in the pack?
Emg 85
GEAR:
GUITARS- LTD EX-400 GIBSON 1955 HUMMING BIRD
AMP- LINE 6 SPIDER 3 120 WATTS
PEDALS- DUNLOP ZAKK WYLDE WAH
PICKS- GREEN DUNLOP 88'S TORTEXED
i did have it but im gettin a line 6 spider 3 30 watter amp at the same time i get my pickups
in my opinion, i'd get a descent amp first like a marshall or a fender. you can enhance your stock pickup sound through such amps with no frills. in that way, you'll have more time to be able to figure out what's the best pickup that will work with the amp that you're using.
Yeah, amp is going to make the biggest impact on tone. I recommend going for that first.

But... for actual pickups... I recommend some Iommi signatures.
Quote by ripdime04
i did have it but im gettin a line 6 spider 3 30 watter amp at the same time i get my pickups

Then don't bother with pickups, you're wasting your money - just spend the extra $100 on a better amp.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by camotehead
in my opinion, i'd get a descent amp first like a marshall or a fender. you can enhance your stock pickup sound through such amps with no frills. in that way, you'll have more time to be able to figure out what's the best pickup that will work with the amp that you're using.

Do NOT get a cheap Marshall amp as it is more than likely an MG. Be wary of most fender amps under $300 as well.
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
Quote by hell_monkey
Do NOT get a cheap Marshall amp as it is more than likely an MG. Be wary of most fender amps under $300 as well.

The Fender 85 generally goes for less than 300 used and is a quality SS amp.

EDIT: I notice you said most but I still stand by my statement.
Yeah, i'm not too experienced with fender amps..I know the blues jr is a pretty nice low cost tube amp
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag