Hi,
My old soldering iron bit the dust so now I am looking for a new one since my old one was a piece of crap anyways. Anyone have any suggestions for a good iron for pickup wiring? I hear Wellers are good irons, but what is a good wattage for pickup wiring. I feel like my old 25W was not hot enough, I hate having to press the iron down for any real length of time, but that may just have been because it was a crappy iron.

Thanks
My Gear:
Custom Fender 62' Reissue Strat
Carvin Custom Shop DC400T
Jackson SL3 Soloist
Fender Super-Sonic 112
Boss GT-10

Quote by XianXiuHong
000-000-000-000-000
PM------------------------

You can now play every Slayer song.
yea, i have a 25 watt weller, and it works for all my guitar/pedal building needs... if you feel like you need a hotter one then do whatever...

but 25 watts should be enough for all the electronics when it comes to guitar stuff... But the hotter the iron, the more likely you are to damage the components. But if you know what you are doing then have at it.

but like srv said, that weller station looks like it would be very nice and reliable
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Thanks for the responses. Yeah that Weller station is exactly what I am looking for thanks SRV, it's not too expensive either. 40W is probably perfect, with the 25W when I was soldering my custom shop 69 pups into my strat I always felt I had to hold the iron for too long to melt the solder, which can be more damaging than using a hotter iron for much less time.
My Gear:
Custom Fender 62' Reissue Strat
Carvin Custom Shop DC400T
Jackson SL3 Soloist
Fender Super-Sonic 112
Boss GT-10

Quote by XianXiuHong
000-000-000-000-000
PM------------------------

You can now play every Slayer song.
maybe it was just cause your iron was old or about to die? With my 25 watt weller I never had any problems making joints in a couple seconds
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial