Poll: What's been the most emotionally hard year of your life?
Poll Options
View poll results: What's been the most emotionally hard year of your life?
9 13%
18 27%
11 16%
18 27%
6 9%
4 6%
0 0%
0 0%
1 1%
0 0%
Voters: 67.
I may just be making this post because my girlfriend and I just broke up after 5 months (a long time!). I'm 17, and it's pretty hard. I'm just trying to keep busy and all. But my 'first love' happened when I was 16, and the quote 'the first cut's the deepest' applies here. So I'm saying 16 was the most emotionally distressing year of my life (so far )
What do we tell our children? Look before you leap. Stop and think. Don't judge a book by its cover. We believe that we are always better off gathering as much information as possible and spending as much time as possible in deliberation.
Last edited by Pharoah at Aug 16, 2008,
Right now. Pregnancy scare, switching jobs, going into my first year of university, playing in a band. At least life isn't boring.
15. life went from happy to shitty. everything was messed up, but mostly all in my head, so i cant really explain it. just a weird time.
For me its 13/14 because one of my best friends killed her self and i've found it hard getting over it.
When Life Gives You Lemons...
Swap Them For
Alcohol.

My mom was hooked on meth. She had my Dad put in jail and then ran out on my sister, brother, and I. We lived alone for 3 weeks, but then we ran out of food and had to go live with relatives.

Oh, not to mention my grandma was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer that year.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Probablly when i was 14, dealing with coming to terms with being gay, parents arguing and nearing divorce many times, coping with bullying in school, loosing a lot of my friends, self-esteem went down the drain, because i couldnt deal with who i was, and due to loosing pretty mcuh all of my friends i never went outside and became socially outcasted depressed and incredibly lonely, plus other things i dont care to share with the internet.

Christ its like fat camp.

But im in alot better place now and im very gratefull for it, and im sort of glad of what i went trhough, it made me appreciate everything I have alot more and feel alot more secure with myself, but Im still only 16.
16, first cuts the deepest like you said plus i had alot of family trouble plus i was sorta edging on the teenage angst , i have my friends to thank for wising me up after i posted my first ever and only blog! phwew!
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Around 14-15 was really tough. But when I was 18, I seriously believed my life just wasn't worth living. I'm okay now though, still got lots of stuff to iron out before I'm fully at peace with myself, but I'm on my way.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.
This year. My best friend died in a car crash, my dad spent a good 7 months in a hospital with ulcerative colitis which will probably kill him soon, my parents are splitting up, and I self-medicated a few months ago which was not such a hot idea.

I've been keeping my head up, though.
Dickless.
This year, 16. My mom died a couple weeks after my birthday, so I'd say it's been really tough since then.
What about years 1-12? My most distressing years were when I was 6 and when I was 12. When I was 6 my mom died, and when I was 12 I had no life, mediocre grades (horrible by my standards), and my grandma began having serious memory problems.

Out of the options listed, I guess I would say 13, but 13-15 have all been great years.
None of the above. I've come to realise that I've got it really, really easy. Fuck being sad.
13, my dad passed so yeah. too many changes.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
a lotta bad **** happened, including a couple of deaths...
but since i graduated high school things have been going a lot better
▲I had a friend once
►He took some acid
▼Now he thinks he's a fire engine

puberty + being fat = depression
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
I'm sure I haven't got there yet.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Last year, 18, wierd I know, but my cousin died in his sleep 4 days after my 18th birthday (we still don't know what killed him), I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life, I was bordering on suicidal depression, Not cool at all. Now things are getting better, starting to accept that I may never know what killed my cousin, Going to college in September (Robotics for anyone who cares lol) and I'm generally happy right now.
That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die

IA! IA! CTHULHU FHTAGN!
17. So many up and downs. Waaaay more ups, especially now.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
I've not had any particularly hard times in my life. I guess if I had to choose one it would be when i was 15-16. It was the last season of basketball I will ever play. Basically basketball used to be my life and then my coach started keeping me on the bench, ruining my self-esteem which caused me to play worse. The whole team chemistry was just terrible that year.

But I've had many happy things to come into my life besides basketball now so I'm not overly bothered by this.
This last year but it could've been avoided.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Reading your stories makes me think of a quote by Winston Churchill that I like:

"If you're going through hell, keep going."
What do we tell our children? Look before you leap. Stop and think. Don't judge a book by its cover. We believe that we are always better off gathering as much information as possible and spending as much time as possible in deliberation.
14, more from the mental strain of hospital visits throughout the year for different things.
Mind you, I feel lucky reading this thread...
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz

I'm having chicken nuggets for lunch.

My Day > Yours
Pssh. Emotions are for cheaply made robots.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
My life hasn't been to bad so far, I haven't had any deaths of someone close to me and as for relationships, I'm just not into dating right now.
Quote by MopMaster
15-16 myself, murdered mah sexuality there. Being asexual is an instant win.

WHOA WUT.

For me, it was 14/8th grade. I was having a horrible time making friends, while losing some I already had because I was an ass to everyone. And that was mainly because my dad's drinking problem got so bad, my mom and I had to leave for a hotel at least once a week. Long story short, he's sober now.
so far, it was 11.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate