What Happens If You Put The Wrong Guage Strings On A Floyd Rose??? I Desperately Need Help!
Ibanez RG350DX
Line 6 Spider III
Cubase SX3
well i know that you have to have a minimum thickness like 9s or something like that to make sure the bridge can lock them down but assuming you tightened it on the bridge with the right amount of thickness i fail to see what the problem could be.
Quote by guitaringnathan
well i know that you have to have a minimum thickness like 9s or something like that to make sure the bridge can lock them down but assuming you tightened it on the bridge with the right amount of thickness i fail to see what the problem could be.

I DONT HAVE A CLUE WHAT GUAGE ARE ON IT BUT I BOUGHT 9'S TODAY AND I SAW SOMEWHERE THAT IT WILL MESS UP THE TREM IF I PUT THE WRONG GUAGE ON. I DONT WANT TO MESS UP MY GUITAR.
Ibanez RG350DX
Line 6 Spider III
Cubase SX3
just tighten the the clamping screw things on the bridge till ttheir tight enough, and that should do it.
Quote by guitaringnathan
just tighten the the clamping screw things on the bridge till ttheir tight enough, and that should do it.

honest? cuz if i mess this up my dad will kill me. is there any way of finding out what guage they are? also are there any good vids or websites about restringing a floyd rose?
Ibanez RG350DX
Line 6 Spider III
Cubase SX3
If You Put A Gauge Which Is Thicker Than The Previous One The Bridge Will Get Tilted Out From The Body. If You Put A Gauge Which Is Thinner Than The Previous One The Bridge Will Get Tilted Inwards Due To The Tension Not Being Equal.

Oh And Btw, FIX YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Last edited by Pingis_Or_Death at Aug 16, 2008,
Using heavier gauge strings will have more tension than lighter gauge, this heavier tension will cause the bridge to raise and mess up the action, inotation ect...This could be fixed by adjusting the tremolo springs on the back by tightening them pulling the bridge back down, Then you re-tune and adjust until it is perfectly inline with the guitar body.

Need more info?...Just ask
My Stuff:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gibson straps
Dunlop straplok
Planet wave cables
Zoom multi effects
Quote by Scum-bag Carrol
Using heavier gauge strings will have more tension than lighter gauge, this heavier tension will cause the bridge to raise and mess up the action, inotation ect...This could be fixed by adjusting the tremolo springs on the back by tightening them pulling the bridge back down, Then you re-tune and adjust until it is perfectly inline with the guitar body.

Need more info?...Just ask

i dont mean to be a pain or anything but ive been playing 7 months never restrung it before and i dont really understand that side of things will i be able to do it easily?
Ibanez RG350DX
Line 6 Spider III
Cubase SX3
Yeah it's pretty easy, do some research on the internet before you get your tools to your axe?
Or just get it done my your local guitar store and see if you can watch them or something?
My Stuff:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gibson straps
Dunlop straplok
Planet wave cables
Zoom multi effects
maybe i should just leave it as it is then cuz i really dont have a clue. my music teacher might be able to help.
Ibanez RG350DX
Line 6 Spider III
Cubase SX3
Double locking systems work on basis of locking the strings at the nut and at the bridge.

Read this post here on how to restring your guitar.
The manor of which the TS talks is extremely funny. Almost like a distressed 4 year old.
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
there is a sticky with tutorial and Q and A at the top of the page.

go to your manufacturers web site, FAQs section to find if they use stock 9's or 10's.

swap one string at a time.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011