I've recently started playing my old Epiphone G-400 again and am having serious wire problems. I installed an SD pickup in it years ago and now I'm having all sorts of problems.

First off, I had no volume at all from the bridge pup. I found a loose wire coming from a pot and fiddled with it until I got sound. I can ONLY get sound out of this pickup when this wire is in contact with the pickup selector prong. (Strange, since I thought the pickup was supposed to go straight to the pickup selector.) So I can get sound, but...

The volume switch for this bridge pickup is now basically just an on/off switch. It's like just having a 9 and a 10 volume knob. What's even stranger is the tone knob ONLY works when the volume is at 10. So if I set the tone to 0 and the volume to 3, it sounds like tone is on 10. Then, if I raise the volume to 10, the tone kicks in and it goes to 0. How weird is that?

I snapped a few photos...I'm going to upload them right now.

I know this is a long, boring thread... so I'll paypal $5 to anyone who can give me enough info to get my guitar working tonight. I've got plenty of solder and a 12 pack of beer...work with me here people.

-drew
haha, i dont want your money but sounds to me like you need an SD wire schcematic.

did you say two tones, two vols and 2 h?

http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=2h_2v_2t_3w
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
haha, i dont want your money but sounds to me like you need an SD wire schcematic.

I just found one that looks semi similar to what I have. I'm debating locking myself in for the night and just redoing the whole thing.
i edited in a schem above.

i think you've got a couple of loose wires. maybe a bad pot.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

ok, i'll be checking back, dont drink too much or you'll solder ur hand to ur head.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

That diagram you linked was 300 times better than the garbage I was looking at. I fixed it. It's very satisfying doing this yourself when any store would have charged me $100. Thanks for your help.
excellent
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62