Hey,
The songs up are all just demos,
They have been all done at home on my computer, as you will tell my mixing skills aren't amazing,
but give us a try, and if you don't like it that's cool

As for genre, we try a bit of everything, so i guess just Experiment Rock!

Check it out! www.myspace.com/themildreds

NEWS: NEW SONGS UP

'TAKE IT FROM ME'
Last edited by turbulenced at Sep 7, 2008,
After listening to your tunes there are two issues that I find quite noticeable.

The production is very inconsistent. There are points where it sounds absolutely terrific and everything is mixed well, but there are other points when things sound very messy and cluttered or off. Take care to pay close attention to the dynamics as a song progresses to see how things sound throughout.

There seem to be issues in terms of timing at some points. I'm assuming that these are just mistakes that caused the other musicians to screw up or lose the beat as well, but be careful of these things (especially while recording or playing live).

Lastly, the recordings sound dull. It is incredibly challenging to capture energy in a recording and your recordings sound quite dead because they are lacking that energy. The songs sound like solid tunes, but they just need to be tightened up. If you've got some time let me know what you think of my solo acoustic stuff. http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=914968
I agree with you that the recordings are dull, i'm not sure how to avoid this, or make them sound more interesting, obviously going to a studio would help, is there anything i can do at home to make them sound better?