Is there any way on the internet to learn a foreign language, like German, or Latin? I'm interested in learning one of the two. And i'd like to find something free.

Thanks.
O O

___
You could *download* the Rosetta Stone, which is your best bet, at least it was for me.

However, if you wish to buy it, it's about $300.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
Go get a real tutor. It is the best way.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Quote by Weeping_Demon7
Go get a real tutor. It is the best way.

This, or take a university course in it.
: )
I am taking german this year in school...its gonna be awesome to cuss out my family when they dont even know that i am doing it
Quote by yurfinlfntsy
You could *download* the Rosetta Stone, which is your best bet, at least it was for me.

However, if you wish to buy it, it's about $300.

+1, though do what i did, get the 30 day free trial and rip the disks.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
Quote by Altoidwithmelon
I am taking german this year in school...its gonna be awesome to cuss out my family when they dont even know that i am doing it

German cuss words are pretty damned similar to there english counterparts, they'll soon work you out.
German as a whole infact is pretty similar to english, very easy language to learn.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
I'm leaning Japanese with the Oxford university Pres Take Off in book/cds theyre really good. i think it was £18 to buy which is quite good for starting to learn a language. Especially if you can't afford to do a course or hire a tutor. The only drawback with this is you have ot be extra vigilant with yourself to make sure you actually spend time studying it regularly as you dont have any classes or formal tests to attend that essentially make you study...well they do if you actually want to do well in them, so yeah but its another option if your on a bit of a budget like myself
Quote by Mihyaeru
I'm leaning Japanese with the Oxford university Pres Take Off in book/cds theyre really good. i think it was £18 to buy which is quite good for starting to learn a language. Especially if you can't afford to do a course or hire a tutor. The only drawback with this is you have ot be extra vigilant with yourself to make sure you actually spend time studying it regularly as you dont have any classes or formal tests to attend that essentially make you study...well they do if you actually want to do well in them, so yeah but its another option if your on a bit of a budget like myself

i find it to be quite an interesting language but i'm taking it as a high school class so homework and projects keep me on task .
.|......|....|
=--
.............|

an unsaturated fattylolcid.
There should be lots of internet courses, or at least websites which provide you with the basic vocabulary.
Quote by alkalineweeman
German cuss words are pretty damned similar to there english counterparts, they'll soon work you out.
German as a whole infact is pretty similar to english, very easy language to learn.

Are you talking about JUST curse works.... because i know that "du bist sehr schön." means "You are very beautiful." in german.... and that's not similar, at all.
O O

___
Quote by TheBax
Are you talking about JUST curse works.... because i know that "du bist sehr schön." means "You are very beautiful." in german.... and that's not similar, at all.

Well, my German friend told me that "fuck" is "fuck" in German.
Quote by lotsofvolume
Well, my German friend told me that "fuck" is "fuck" in German.

guess your "german friend" doesn't what he's talking about ... although this word is used in germany as well as in most other countries, it isn't german at all ...

but the german word for it is kind of similar, that's true

edit: to the topic: i'm going to learn portuguese very soon and didn't know yet how to do it ... so i think this thread was helpfull to me, thanks
Never trust a woman when she says "BRB"
Last edited by The-Dogma at Aug 16, 2008,