im having pains in the main part of my left hand wrist when i do certain licks. What should i do?
ESP KH-202 emg-hz
ESP KH-502, duncan custom 5, duncan 59
1978 alverez acoustic
Peavey valveking 100 head
line 6 4-12 cabinet
EVH flange, wilson q-wah, boss chorus ensemble, dunlop brick power supply
u guys r awesome
ESP KH-202 emg-hz
1978 alverez acoustic
line 6 4-12 cabinet
Have some patience. Anyway, I'm guessing you play power chordes with your wrist at a 90 degree angle? How low do you hang you guitar/ If you're having wrist pains or fatigue, you need to change your technique, or more often than not, the height of your guitar strap.
no more of a 70 degree angle i use my pinky on both the second note of them. But i have troubles when doing leads.
ESP KH-202 emg-hz
1978 alverez acoustic
line 6 4-12 cabinet
How long have you been playing?

Do you get pins and needles after you've been playing for only a short period? If so is it mainly in your thumb and first two fingers?

Is it just pain, or do you sometimes feel your finger 'pop' from one position to another accompanied by an unpleasant feeling in the finger?

Sorry for all the questions, but it has a point depending on your answers.
2 years. its just my wrist its sore.
ESP KH-202 emg-hz
1978 alverez acoustic
line 6 4-12 cabinet
It might just be that you need to try and flex and loosen your wrist before you play.

On the other hand (no pun intended), if it doesn't ease off, or gets worse, including any of the symptoms I've mentioned above, you should probably get your doctor to check it out as it could be that you're noticing the early stages of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. It's how it started for me, and I'm off to hospital to get it looked at next week.

If it is - And Please don't think I'm trying to scare you here, but it is a possibility for guitarists - and you catch it early enough, anti-inflammatories and pain killers or a Steroid injection can help ease it.

It gets 'orribler if it gets worse and you ignore it though - especially in terms of curing it - which is what I'm probably going to have to have.
thanks man
ESP KH-202 emg-hz
1978 alverez acoustic
line 6 4-12 cabinet