Don't you just love the sound of a piano? I sometimes watch piano videos on youtube (mostly Final Fantasy stuff) and I love rock songs that sound nothing like the original, like I would call it classical music or something if I'd never heard the song before. Post your favourites here

RHCP - The Zephyr Song
Foo Fighters - Everlong
Led Zeppelin - Babe I'm Gonna Leave You
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
Last edited by Chips- at Aug 16, 2008,
i like classical music on piano, but nothing else.
/thread.

/inb4
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Yeah the Suffering by Coheed & Cambria sounds beautiful on piano. There's a youtube video, I'm just too lazy to look.
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
on a piano 'note' (no pun intended) why is there a pedal which moves the keyboard from left to right a bit?!?
Quote by Phazer
on a piano 'note' (no pun intended) why is there a pedal which moves the keyboard from left to right a bit?!?

What the hell are you talking about?
Lateralus by Tool On Piano sounds amazing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOGCDc34m-4
Quote by thegreensquall
ok so one time i was totally wanking and then my mom walked in and my cat was in my room... she knocked first so i grabbed my cat and put it on my lap and started petting it to cover up but then i jizzed on my cat..
There are a few very good versions of Hallowed Be Thy Name by Iron Maiden floating around that I like
I play "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You," "Dream On" and "One" all the time during my orchestra classes. Drives my classmates fucking nuts.
air piano every one **** yeah!!!!!
Quote by imdeth
Centorium you dick
I keep lookin behind me,You're amazing at this

Quote by Aerokizzombie
Dam,Cent, ur repeating man scares the shit out of me, its so true

Quote by CodChick
Omg Cent,Ive been havin nightmares because of u

Quote by MCMXCII
**** you man,I was just going to bed

I'm scary
Quote by Phazer

I might be wrong, but on grands there's a pedal to make each key hit 1 string for the note instead of the 3 which are usually hit at the same time to make each note, and I think the pedal does that by just slightly moving the keys/hammers to the side a bit
Quote by Phazer

...what?
Theres this guy that does amazing Muse, Radiohead and Nirvana covers on youtube. I'll see if I can find him.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/user/le0ne8
El-Danny

Quote by americnidiot
You keep seeing songs like KoC, SMBH, and Hysteria showing up on games, but I want Micro Cuts on either Rock Band or Sing Star. I want to see numerous masses of kids staring at the tv wondering what the hell they're supposed to do.
Quote by chocolateman900
I might be wrong, but on grands there's a pedal to make each key hit 1 string for the note instead of the 3 which are usually hit at the same time to make each note, and I think the pedal does that by just slightly moving the keys/hammers to the side a bit

To make it quieter maybe?
Quote by Flying Couch
I play "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You," "Dream On" and "One" all the time during my orchestra classes. Drives my classmates fucking nuts.

wow you play piano but you dont know the answer to my question? Beginner n00b methinks
Cold - Wasted Years on Piano is amazing. Scooter Ward's vocals with the piano for that song just sounds incredible.
"Ignorance runs rampant through this virus we call life, dead one day, alive the next, never breaking a stride. As I take it all in and realize, nothing we do can stop it, I release the hatred from my eyes, only to feel it within."
Quote by Phazer
wow you play piano but you dont know the answer to my question? Beginner n00b methinks

You average piano has 3 different pedals, each one affecting the sound in a different way.

The left one (or, Soft Pedal) moves the keyboard to the right so that the 'hammers' that strike 3 keys now only strike 2. It doesn't change tone or note quality, but serves as a reducer of volume. (Movement of the keyboard is typically only found in traditional or grand pianos)

The middle pedal, (the Sostenuto, or Sustained Pedal) instantly drops all tones being played and only allows keys pressed after the pedal to play notes.

The right pedal (The Sustain Pedal [there is a difference]), removes all dampers from all strings, which causes pure uninterrupted vibration (chicks dig that). This can have 2 effects; For playing Legato (or smoothly connected notes), or forcing a harmony on all notes being played, which can make for some bitching harmonies.
2 words:

Bohemian Rhapsody
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Everyone is trying a comeback now. Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage, and now bin Laden? Come on. Give it a rest..

haha
I'd usually find someone playing a complex piano piece far more impressive than a complex piece on guitar.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
I'd usually find someone playing a complex piano piece far more impressive than a complex piece on guitar.

+1 but probably because of what you are used to on guitar. my nephew things ba ba black sheep is incredible when i play it.
Brad Mehldau is a jazz pianist who likes Radiohead a lot and performs jazz interpretations of Radiohead tunes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4dV9inZCo4

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I've seen a piano version of Nothing Else Matters that was pretty cool. And some Nirvana songs too.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
It doesn't even have to be a cover of a song played on piano.

Muse ftw.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by Phazer

It's the suppression pedal.

It makes the notes softer and more muted.

The one in the middle does something similar, but it's a chord sustanation note. Hold down the chord, press the pedal, and you can play anything else you want and the chord will be sustained.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.