Ok, so I'm buying a Peavey 6505+, and I don't know what cab to get with it (I'm not a big fan of the 6505 cab with Sheffield speakers). I'm currently thinking about a VHT Deliverance Cab with Eminence/VHT P50 speakers or something with Vintage 30s. When it comes to style I play anything from pop punk to metal (I know, the 6505+ isn't exactly a pop punk amp, but if Eddie Van Halen used it, and Patrick Stump from Fall Out Boy uses a Krank Revolution, then it will work). Anyway, should I get the VHT cab, or something with Vintage 30's in it?
look for a VHT Fatbottom cab honestly.

but really, you should look at a used Marshall JCM2000 DSL or TSL cuz they're more what you're looking for.
Gear:
ESP Eclipse 300
Jackson RR3
Bugera 6262 head
Trace Elliot straight cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
+1 to the DSL but WHY would you get a VHT cab being that they're crazy expensive? Just look for a used Mesa 2x12 (about $400-500)
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
mesa mudifier man... the VHT cabs have as much low end but retain clarity.
Gear:
ESP Eclipse 300
Jackson RR3
Bugera 6262 head
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
dude, PLAY a mesa next to a 1960av or a VHT ANYTHING and it'll prove how muddy they are.
Gear:
ESP Eclipse 300
Jackson RR3
Bugera 6262 head
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
well i know a vader cab would go great with a 6505 but the marhsall is good too, if money is a problem i would go look at avatar and get hellatone 30 cause its like a V30 except there a tad worn in so there more warmer and have a bit more bottom end so there basically the best speaker for the 6505.
Quote by bite_the_bullet
dude, PLAY a mesa next to a 1960av or a VHT ANYTHING and it'll prove how muddy they are.

Really I have a 1960av and a Mesa 2x12 and I swear they sound pretty much the same? Why? hmmmmm THEY HAVE THE EXACT SAME SPEAKERS!!!! How a cab is built and how much space they have behind the speakers only will give you more/less bass/treble, it will not have anything to do with how muddy a speaker is. I mean you could buy that $1000+ 2x12 and swear its better but I'll buy the cab with the same speakers for half of the price.
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40