my guitar decided that the neck pup is gonna start to die so im gonna get a new set cuz they kinda suck right now.

i play a lot of heavy stuff and im in a hardcore southern band so i need something beefy with the lows but still pick up the harmonics and has nice sustain.

I was orginally looking at either blackouts or emg 81/85s. i do want active pickups though.

any opinions or reccomendations would be greatly oppreciated as im sort of lost.
pay me the same amount and ill give you better head than an amp ever could.

Quote by mdawg24
My bad, headbanger had it.
I suck

Quote by faultyy
(sp) means to use super powers
I'm pretty sure, pickups don't just "die". You might wanna check your wiring and solder joints first
What guitar do you have?
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
Are actives the only option? Coz that only really leaves you 3 choices. EMG, the livewires and the blackouts.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
i have an ESP EX 260. its the hardware in the pickup that went out. its not picking up the sound quite right anymore. it just cuts distortion.
pay me the same amount and ill give you better head than an amp ever could.

Quote by mdawg24
My bad, headbanger had it.
I suck

Quote by faultyy
(sp) means to use super powers
yeah i would get blackouts defintely, but actives might not be your best bet, but i would go around trying differnt pickups, i would try the seymour duncan distortion first cause it might be perfect for your tone, if that doesnt work try a blackout, its basically a active seymour duncan distortion.
Quote by Headbanger_1
i have an ESP EX 260. its the hardware in the pickup that went out. its not picking up the sound quite right anymore. it just cuts distortion.

There is no "hardware" in the pickup. If the sound is cutting out then your guitar's wiring or other components are faulty, not the pickup.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com