I know I've made at least 4 or 5 threads about this in the past (all with different results I might add). But I need to know for sure because laying down 1000 smackaroos on a guitar I won't like isn't all that good. Keep in mind that I KNOW the best way to figure out is to go out and try em myself but for instance GC doesn't carry certain brands like ESP and PRS. This thread is really just CONFIRMATION that I'm making the right decision here. If you don't think so, please feel free to voice your opinion. You are sure as hell entitled to it.

Well as for my tastes. I am a HUGE A7x fan (both old and new). That is my first and foremost influence. Also like Children of Bodom and Trivium, along with guitar work for B4MV. Classics I like include Pantera,Metallica (of course right lol), and some Ozzy (mainly just the stuff they had Randy Rhodes for). Also I'd like to mention In Flames and possibly Gojira.

Now when all the smoke cleared it came down to three guitars. The Jackson SLSMG soloist, Schecter C-1 FR Hellraiser, and the ESP LTD MH-1000 with EMGs.

I want a floyd on the guitar so that automatically knocked out the SLSMG. So it was between the Hellraiser and the LTD MH-1000.

I decided on the MH-1000 for a few reasons.

a)WAYYYYyyyy too many people have Hellraiser nowadays. I don;t like having the same guitar as the next 10 guys in line.

b) ESP's are supposed to be the most solid brand for metal. Personally I'm into metal/metalcore/hard rock.

c)You have to admit that transluscent see thru blue makes you happy on the inside

So like I said. Voice your opinion. AND BY ALL MEANS. Make suggestions.

Thanks in advance,
TheBodomBullet

(btw idk why I just signed my post...)

EDIT:

Would also like to mention FIRST I'm upgrading my amp. I'm getting a mesa boogie rect-o-verb.

Afterwards I'll have to save up another grand. But that was the agreement me and my parents came to.
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
I wouldn't buy a Jackson unless its an old one... from before Fender took them over.

They don't play the same anymore. I play a pre-fender jackson and it is a seriously good guitar.

I would also say, think about Gibson. Lets face it, Trivium used to use them, Randy Rhodes, and metallica used them, zakk wylde uses them... a gibson would also be so much more versatile than a guitar thats just built to play metal... like deans are real good for metal, but pink floyd and zep and stuff... i would really consider a decent gibson les paul standard. if you want somthing pointy then a V or an explorer. but

and dont buy a guitar because its uncommon.

theres a real good reason why popular guitars are popular.
Gear:

Mesa/boogie dual rectifier
Fender Telecaster USA
Epiphone Les Paul
Epiphone Sheraton
Jackson KE3 Kelly Pro
Boss Super Chorus
Boss Super Overdrive
MXR Carbon Copy
Morley Pro Series Wah/Volume/Distortion
t.bone wireless system.
Get the Hellraiser, it's a nice solid guitar, comes with EMGs stock (IIRC), and besides, Schecter = A7X endorsed brand.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
i have the cheapcheap version of your M-series, and it's awesome. so, i think the $1000 one will be kickass.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
MHs are as common as Hellraisers if you want my opinion.

And like somebody said, you are buying a LTD.

Get a DKMG.
Barry White is cooler than you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wish I could say you're funny and cool, but that would be like saying Africa doesn't have a poverty problem.
I've played the LTD MH-400 before and damn, that was a good guitar. Solid construction, great sound (albeit through an ENGL ) and decent feel. I'd only bet the MH-1000 would be better and much flashier. Go for it!
both are great guitars and will have very similar build quality.
basically it comes down to small minute differences, but if you are set on the ltd then do it up, but as was stated don't knock off the schecter because other people have it, but yes i understand wanting to be a lil different for sure...

i say if you want to be different and you like the ltd because of the colour and small things like the aesthetics then do it... either guitar you get is going to be great so you can't lose.
Quote by restless_thrash
How are you getting the money?

And ESP's are quite good, but you could just buy a guitar with a floyd and install EMGs.

And you are buying an LTD, which isn't as good as ESP imo.

Well my parents are gonna get me the recto for xmas and I'm getting a part time job when school hits. So I'll save up that money.

Also I would like to save up A LOT for an EXCELLENT LP for the future. I leave it as something to look forward to.

But are the Hellraiser and MH-1000 both guitars that would suit my interests and leave me satisfied?
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Last edited by TheBodomBullet at Aug 16, 2008,
Quote by Justice4AllOne
Get the Hellraiser, it's a nice solid guitar, comes with EMGs stock (IIRC), and besides, Schecter = A7X endorsed brand.

Lol one of the main reasons I was intially leaning for the Hellraiser.

So I look up some youtube videos for people testing out their Hellraisers or playing on one. Like 100 pages came up lol.

So I type in MH-1000 and I get like 2.

On top of that a lot of UG'ers got the Hellraiser.

I like Schecter though don't get me wrong. Probably just as much as ESP.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
GC has PRS's now, they had about 20 out in the middle of the floor, some with price tags over $4,000
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Dude, why do you have to make 5 threads on one topic? listen the smart UGers o those threads, and the answer should become clear.

on topic: Just get the Hellraiser. I've played that before, it wasn't that bad. However if you're open to other suggestions... EC-1000!!!
Current Gear:
Michael Kelly Club Custom 5 Acoustic Bass
Dean Performer Series PE-QM-TGE
Varrios Basic 5 Bass
Acoustic B450 Combo Amp
I support the 2nd Amendment. I don't support people who abuse it.
Quote by TheBodomBullet
Lol one of the main reasons I was intially leaning for the Hellraiser.

So I look up some youtube videos for people testing out their Hellraisers or playing on one. Like 100 pages came up lol.

So I type in MH-1000 and I get like 2.

On top of that a lot of UG'ers got the Hellraiser.

I like Schecter though don't get me wrong. Probably just as much as ESP.

Get the guitar you want, not the guitar less people use.
Or NOBODY would have a Les Paul, or Stratocaster, or RG.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
Quote by Rockingbird
Dude, why do you have to make 5 threads on one topic? listen the smart UGers o those threads, and the answer should become clear.

on topic: Just get the Hellraiser. I've played that before, it wasn't that bad. However if you're open to other suggestions... EC-1000!!!

Idk it's for reassurance and to ensure I get as many opinions as I can.

idk so far it's been back and forth between hellraiser and mh-1000.

It's like pong......only worse.....and in my MIND :0
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon: