Anybody Floridians stocking up/getting ready for it yet? The meteorologists said it will hit Central Florida on Monday (that's when school starts ). State of emergency has been declared. More info on the link:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/topic/weather/hurricanes/hurricane-fay-EVHST000019.topic

Discuss.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by InvaderTSN
Scrambles the Death Dealer?

Yep.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
i live in SOFLA and im praying for no school monday or tuesday, that would be great!
Quote by BladeSlinger
I'm about 5' 4" and have slightly furry feet.....I'm not going in a ****ing volcano though...

I love the Foo's!

GO MOUNTAINEERS!!!
Quote by backswmr360
i live in SOFLA and im praying for no school monday or tuesday, that would be great!

My whole family is a bit paranoid about it, myself included, since it's our first storm (moved to Florida last year).
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
First day of school in Broward has been canceled. OH YEAH!
1992 Ibanez S540 sol
1988? Kramer Pacer Mutt
Quote by aznrockerdude
My whole family is a bit paranoid about it, myself included, since it's our first storm (moved to Florida last year).

Don't be paranoid about it, just stay indoors and you'll be safe. I actually like hurricanes to be honest.

Oh yea and join the group in my sig
Quote by Gibson06
Is it coming up to Canada?

in select theatres
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
Quote by cheeseman3001
in select theatres

It'll open worldwide another week from now.
Quote by Soadfan8
yeah its awesome. unless you get raped, which you will, so it wont be awesome
Quote by Gibson06
Is it coming up to Canada?

I think the biggest threat to Saskatchewan is a hurricane, not the mass amounts of Newfies that you will be noticing now that your oil industry is starting to boom.
Quote by Fat Lard
srsly? Isn't it a level 1? first day school cancelation = win.

Is it really a hurricane now? I thought it was just a tropical storm.
^ makes no difference, still won't do anything bad. The wind mph is at 50 last time I saw, which was like 1:00 pm. Don;t know where that grades in :S

Nothing like a 6 hr surf session on a coast that gets no waves with some buds instead of meeting people you dislike at school for another year
i love hurricanes, i hope it kills me and my entire family
Hai 2 u
Wow... sounds like I'm really overreacting, but then again I've only lived in Florida for 1 whole year.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Last edited by aznrockerdude at Aug 17, 2008,
Quote by aznrockerdude
Wow... sounds like I'm really overreacting, but then again I've only lived in Florida for 1 whole year.

Seriously, and the media won't report on anything else but the storm no matter how weak it is. They'll even report about leaves on the ground, pieces of palm tree leaves, borken billboards. And then you'll get the usual funny guy doing some stupid stuff behind the reporter.
I live in the Florida Keys and all tourists are being evacuated. Roads are ****ed.
life is beautifuuuuooooaaaaaal
Quote by metaldud536
Seriously, and the media won't report on anything else but the storm no matter how weak it is. They'll even report about leaves on the ground, pieces of palm tree leaves, borken billboards. And then you'll get the usual funny guy doing some stupid stuff behind the reporter.

+1 News in Florida sucks.

I'm not worried about it at all. I'm in Central Florida and by the time most hurricanes get here they don't do as much damage as on the coast.
Pssh. Hurricane Fay? More like Hurricane Gay.

Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by Masamune
Is it really a hurricane now? I thought it was just a tropical storm.

Tropical storm right now, predicted to be Cat. 1 when it hits Florida.They damn well better cancel the first two days of school in Palm Beach <.< . I've started school on a Wednesday every year of school and it damn well better not change my last year.

EDIT:
Quote by aznrockerdude

Just chill. As long as you have shutters and some water/food/flashlights/batteries you should be fine. I've slept through so many hurricanes .
It's probably going to be very non-eventful. Meaning, I'm not worried about it and I don't think school will be canceled. I start college tomorrow so I'm not sure whether I'd be excited or pissed if it was canceled.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Does any one know if school is closed in Seminole county? I heard it would be closed Tuesday, but I haven't heard if it was confirmed.
They normally close schools later on. I'd wait till 8ish for word on it.

Here's some closures already announced-

* Public schools in Monroe, Miami-Dade, Broward and Highlands counties are closed Monday. Schools in Monroe and Hardee counties will be closed Tuesday.
* Miami-Dade and Monroe county courts are closed Monday.
* Monroe County Sheriff's Office administrative offices will be closed Monday and Tuesday.
* Early voting in Monroe County for the Aug. 26 primary has been suspended.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by R0CKER1220
Tropical storm right now, predicted to be Cat. 1 when it hits Florida.They damn well better cancel the first two days of school in Palm Beach <.< . I've started school on a Wednesday every year of school and it damn well better not change my last year.

EDIT:
Just chill. As long as you have shutters and some water/food/flashlights/batteries you should be fine. I've slept through so many hurricanes .

Hey do you remember that gigantic tree that used to be on the corner of Palmetto Park and Powerline road?

I miss that huge tree

damn hurricane wilma
After reviewing the models some more, school will definitely open tomorrow. Nothing will happen until Tuesday and I doubt that my area will get anything more than thunderstorms. Damn, it's been a while since we've had a hurricane.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

We just need to wait and see what happens. The projected path is slowly moving a little bit west every hour.

For those of you new to Florida and have never experienced a tropical system, be prepared for alot of wind and rain. Power outages are likely so flashlights, candles, and a radio for updates are necessities.
Quote by Masamune
Hey do you remember that gigantic tree that used to be on the corner of Palmetto Park and Powerline road?

I miss that huge tree

damn hurricane wilma

On the NW corner? I know of the tree on the corner of 18th and Powerline that's amazing.
I'd be cool with the storm if I wasn't painting my car, getting a new kitchen, and moving to UCF this week.
Well, I will be in for a treat when I get back to South Florida tomorrow, and school starts for me on the 25th..So hopefully when I get to Orlando on the 21st or the 22nd, it will have passed.

SHIT! I have to drive up to school in a Hurricane!?
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

Quote by mikey son
Im So Scared I Just Moved From Neworleans Like 4 Years Ago

You JUST moved four years ago? You brave, brave man.

I live in the Keys, as previously stated, and pretty much all of the tourists have been evacuated. I may take a drive just to see what it's like.
life is beautifuuuuooooaaaaaal
Last edited by SonataFanica at Aug 17, 2008,
Quote by R0CKER1220
On the NW corner? I know of the tree on the corner of 18th and Powerline that's amazing.

Yeah that's the one, I don't know why I said palmetto.