Well, I've got this tiny 10W Practice Amp that sounds, frankly, crappy, so I'm wondering if I can get some advice on what to buy to replace it.

Here's the rundown:

-I'm on a tentative budget of $400 for an amp and effects pedal.
-I play a variety of music from The Fall of Troy to Four Year Strong to Taking Back Sunday
-I need an amp/pedal combo that can let me achieve these sounds while performing in a semi-large venue of up to 300 people

Thanks in advance for advice!
Valve King might sound quite cool I guess...
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
dont get the valveking it has no balls and i can tell from your musical tastes that you will evolve and when that happens you will hate the valveking.... as for a amp for around 400, i would say save up some more and look around, if you saved some more a b-52 at-110 or 100 cant remember and a good cab or maybe the combo amp. for just 400 bucks i cant think of anything in that price range really that would suit you. just dont get a line 6 spider or a marshall unless it has the word jcm, dsl, or tsl in it then buy it lol.
Quote by convictionless
dont get the valveking it has no balls and i can tell from your musical tastes that you will evolve and when that happens you will hate the valveking.... as for a amp for around 400, i would say save up some more and look around, if you saved some more a b-52 at-110 or 100 cant remember and a good cab or maybe the combo amp. for just 400 bucks i cant think of anything in that price range really that would suit you. just dont get a line 6 spider or a marshall unless it has the word jcm, dsl, or tsl in it then buy it lol.

JVM?
Quote by convictionless

Thanks for the advice, I'm going to look at the B-52!

EDIT: Is this it? http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/B52-AT100AT412-100W-Tube-Guitar-Half-Stack?sku=481188

Are there many pedals that can be recommended?
Last edited by punkforlife93 at Aug 17, 2008,