I was just browsing through my my music folder, and I found this recording of me playing the first half of the Sidewinder Solo. (By Avenged Sevenfold) It's the only recording in my profile, link should be down below. Or click my name haha.

I think I recorded it when I just got my acoustic, so I had been playing for about 4-5 months.

Give it a listen and tell me if its any good, and I'll look at your recordings too. I'll probably record more stuff now that my mic is fixed.

Any help/advice on my playing is appreciated (constructive criticism please)

EDIT: I just posted an updated version, that is at the original tempo (or close to it).
Last edited by pucci6d6 at Aug 17, 2008,
thats a fair bit slower than the actual song.

but thats okay, cause you have very clean playing.

on a nylon? i can hear the pick cklicking as well.
Quote by HethaHORRIFIC
thats a fair bit slower than the actual song.

but thats okay, cause you have very clean playing.

on a nylon? i can hear the pick cklicking as well.

I know its a bit slower than the actual song, but I've recently been trying to quicken it up. Most solos I learn I kind of rush, and it's sloppy but I took my time with this one. Yeah its a nylon, on a handmade acoustic mexican guitar, I bought it in the market. Yeah, I couldn't figure out how to not make the pick click, oh well.
Hey, clean playing sounds good. Just try and make it faster.

I remember learning this song ages ago too, when I started playing- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALQfFCuVmsA
Quote by sashki
A lot of pros do that: if they play a wrong note, they'll hit it again to make it look as if it's intentional. It's called "jazz", aparently.