I have pretty much no experience with different types of speakers. I've owned alot of combo amps but never really paid attention to what type of speakers are in each. I bought the Valve Junior combo to do some mods and I'm happy with those, but I've heard that alot of the muddiness in the sound comes from the stock speaker. I'm going to take the amp part of the VJ out and turn it into a head (I've done the 8 ohm output mod so it's all good) but the problem remains that I don't have a cab. I'd like a "Marshally" sound if possible. I'm considering building my own cab, but not hell bent on it. The cab will not just be for the VJ. I'm going to get a Ceriatone Plexi sometime in the near future so I'll use it for that as well. Thoughts? Recommendations? Rumors? Lies?
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

A Celestion Greenback or G12H in a 1x12 would be a nice match for either amp.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
The G12H says it has a 30W impedance. If I were to play the Ceriatone Plexi through that wouldn't it blow the speaker?
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

It has a 30W power rating, not impedance. Impedance refers to the ohm rating.

Which Ceriatone are you looking at? I was thinking the 18-watter when I posted that. If you're looking at the 50W or 100W models then, yeah, you're going to need more speakers.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
I was originally going to get the 18 watt version but then I got a THD hotplate, so I figured I might as well go for more wattage to have more headroom if I need it.

If I got two of the G12Hs would that work then?
Quote by forsaknazrael

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

you could always look into eminence and weber for higher-powered versions of those celestions slats mentioned. if you want to stick with a 1x12.

i haven't tried them, though, but it's another option to consider.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?