Aug 16 1938

Blues musician Robert Johnson, who presumably sold his soul to the devil (the story somewhat being told by the movie Crossroads), is poisoned by a jealous husband in Three Forks, Mississippi.

Thats not all, get this!

Aug 16 1977

Elvis Presley dies in his home at the age of 42, while sitting on the toilet. In the bathroom, he had been reading The Scientific Search for the Face of Jesus. Presumably, Elvis' search was concluded shortly thereafter.

Same day... Imagine that.
This is basically the same as those lame "this day in music" threads.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
I want to know something cool, and this thread has let me down. Does anyone know anything cool?
No i have other things that happened today. I just figured you guys you only like the music ones.

How about...

Aug 16 1819

60 cavalrymen charge into a crowd of approximately 70,000 protesters at St. Peter's Field in Manchester, England. The soldiers begin to hack away at the people with their sabers and trample them under hoof. 11 die and 400 are wounded in the Manchester Massacre, also called the Battle of Peterloo.

Aug 16 1960

Emmett O. Hashfield abducts Avril Terry, an 11-year-old girl in Booneville, Indiana. He then proceeds to murder, dismember, and eat portions of her, before tossing the leftovers in a river.

Aug 16 1997

Aida Nur El-Din, a night nurse at Alexandria University's El-Mairy Hospital, confesses to Egyptian authorities that she killed at least 18 ICU patients by injecting them with drugs stolen from the pharmacy. Before she can be taken downtown, El-Din jumps out a three-story window in a failed suicide attempt.

There not its not a lame today in music.
And on August 16 1991 my friend Bi was born.

Quote by InvaderTSN
So? I was born on the same day as Bruce Lee and Jimi Hendrix, and I'm Asian and play guitar. Does it mean anything? No.

Well it does mean you are pretty ****ing cool.
Just saying.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
Last edited by Slaytanic6606 at Aug 16, 2008,
That sucks, it's my sister's birthday today, and my friend's dad's wedding!
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

Lolz wells. sigged ;]
but anyways, woooow to famous people die on the same day =O is this the end of the world -sarcasm-
sex
drugs
rock&roll
speed
weed
birth control
lifes a b***h until we die
so f**k this s**t
let's get high

Quote by Wells-Zeppelin
I wanna die on a toilet
Rofl, stupid August 16th..
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Quote by red18420
Aug 16 1938

Blues musician Robert Johnson, who presumably sold his soul to the devil (the story somewhat being told by the movie Crossroads), Is set apon by the devils Hellhounds

Fixed! don't you watch Supernatural?

Also, Jimi Hendrix died age 27, Bon Scott died age 27, Kurt Cobain died age 27!!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Last edited by gunners fan at Aug 16, 2008,
Quote by InvaderTSN
You mean 27.

I was close!!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Quote by InvaderTSN
So? I was born on the same day as Bruce Lee and Jimi Hendrix, and I'm Asian and play guitar. Does it mean anything? No.

OMG~!!!! can you liek play dragonforce!?!?!?
Gear:

Guitars:
ESP ltd FX-400
Epiphone les paul jr.

Amps:
Line 6 spider II combo 30 watt
Krank Rev. Jr. full stack tube.
Quote by gunners fan

Also, Jimi Hendrix died age 27, Bon Scott died age 27, Kurt Cobain died age 27!!

How about Pigpen? Janis Joplin? Jim Morrison? Brian Jones?
Robert Johnson also died at the age 27.
Quote by AU79 XY
How about Pigpen? Janis Joplin? Jim Morrison? Brian Jones?
Robert Johnson also died at the age 27.

Ok this is getting kinda freaky! Anyother Musos' die at 27?
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Quote by gunners fan

There are more. EDIT: Beaten.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
wasn't Michael Hutchence 27 when he died?
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Quote by InvaderTSN

It means you're a guitar playing ninja.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by InvaderTSN

Actually, that means you share a birthday with someone famous.
Keep Strong Grundy

Quote by metaldud536
Milkshakes. They bring the boys to the yard.

Quote by humperdunk
OWNED
Quote by Life Is Brutal
Lol. All you guys used Wikipedia didn't you? But I once sold my soul to god for amazing guitar playing ability. Then I tried to sell my soul to a pawn shop.

Yeah I sold my soul to a pawn shop but they only gave me half what was worth and sold it for double it was a worth. What a rip off
"Member of the UG Pink Floyd Fan club PM stonegolem13 or nick dixon to join

love The Evil Dead films? Join my group: http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/boomstick/

Quote by pepsi1187
not to mention herbert from family guy will touch you in your sleep