Descendent-182
RancidPunk
6,007 IQ
My neighbour Nick who's one of my best friends, well his dad's a complete DICK. I've never shown any direspect towards him or anything and he treats me like **** just because I listen to PUNK. He told me that punk is not real rock and that I should go and listen to Pinkfloyd and Queen. I just ignored him because I didn't wanna get in a fight with him or anything. Than a few months later he told me my band was never gonna make any money because we play ****ty punk music and that if I wanna be succesful I have to play good music. I struggled to keep myself from punching his ****ing teeth out and I camly said I don't care about the money. Then about a week ago me and nick were listening to The Clash in his room and his dad come's in and says turn that crap off and slams the door. He never let's Nick come to my shows and stuff even though Nick loves punk rock. Anyone else get this kinda **** for being into punk.
With an irresistible blend of reggae induced hip-hop and catchy pop-punk hooks, Half Chance Heroes captivates audiences with their unique sound and energetic stage show. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8bSU0u8uvM
humperdunk
falling with style
655 IQ
one time a guy looked at me funny in the street so i stabbed him. I think this thread is meant for the pit though, pretty sure this forum is for posting about punk music, not attitude or complaining.
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic
guitardude34875
Banned
910 IQ
hhhmmm... you should probably just ignore him, or tell him to stop being a closed minded prick.
Mr.Kvx10
469 IQ
Hes right.... Just kidding :P, but he shouldnt be so narrow minded and he shouldnt stop his son from liking that kind of music, ill say hes a douche, but i dont really like punk music either thanks to repetition
StreetLight3989
1,950 IQ
That really sucks, his dad's a dick. The Clash thing is surprising though, because usually classic rock fans go nuts over them for some reason. Also, tell him that Television are 10x more talented than Pink Floyd anyway. Anyway, my friends make fun of me for liking punk sometimes, but just in a joking spirit. Most people I know support what music I like and like to play.

Quote by humperdunk
one time a guy looked at me funny in the street so i stabbed him. I think this thread is meant for the pit though, pretty sure this forum is for posting about punk music, not attitude or complaining.

It relates to punk, it's most likely allowed to go here, Jordan's choice.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
gopherthegreat
592 IQ
Quote by Descendent-182
Anyone else get this kinda **** for being into punk.

Most people treat it like a crime to insult the Ramones or the Clash, tbh.

I have never received any hate for being into punk except for from this chubby kid who listens to Fergie and the Spice girls.

Jack my swag
waterproofpie
breakfast connoisseur
2,962 IQ
Voice of Reason:

1) You should listen to Queen
2) If by 'successful' he means wealthy, then you will never be successful in a punk band

HOWEVER

1) Epic phail for keeping him from seeing a friend's band, regardless of genre
2) He should listen to the Clash
zakky_s
25 IQ
Sounds like my dad....except he hates everything except old ass country....
Quote by dm1925
texas ftw!
we're saving the world, one zombie at a time

Quote by ThePastRecedes
Yo Bob Dylan, I'm really happy for you an I'm gonna let you finish, but Jimi Hendrix had one of the best versions of All Along the Watchtower of all time!
StreetLight3989
1,950 IQ
Quote by gopherthegreat

I have never received any hate for being into punk except for from this chubby kid who listens to Fergie and the Spice girls.

Poke him and see if he does the pillsbury dough boy thing.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Bottle of Dirt
She called me...Horsey
383 IQ
Quote by gopherthegreat

Let me be the first in this thread to say that, I don't like the Clash.

If you want to start a fight with him and then call the cops play "I hate Led Zeppelin" by Screeching Weasel. Pisses everyone off who thinks that "classic rock" or whatever you want to call it is the best music ever.

The only people who have ever given me **** for listening to punk is my dad, and a few "Oi! Boyz" who were mad because I had better racial jokes than them.
dfresh91
202 IQ
i dnt like punk but i think thats retarded of wat that kids dad is doing, just tell him its ur style and if he cant except then too bad
gopherthegreat
592 IQ
Quote by Bottle of Dirt
If you want to start a fight with him and then call the cops play "I hate Led Zeppelin" by Screeching Weasel. Pisses everyone off who thinks that "classic rock" or whatever you want to call it is the best music ever.

Your so p0nx by pretending you don't know that it's called classic rock.

Jack my swag
Leonheart
Not Bannеd...yet
849 IQ
That is so comical.

I didn't realize things like that happened irl.
antianti99
31 IQ
This one time , i got sued over something my band had in the sleeve of an album of ours. It was considered obscene by people who hated punk , so they put me on trial over obscenity charges and almost bankrupt me and my label. O sorry , that wasn't me nevermind .........
CowsWithGuns
God's gift to UG
395 IQ
Tell the cops that he touched you inappropriately.
Minister of n00b harassing of the Punk and Ska fourm.
Quote by capsfan17, ss311, newyorkdolls138, somepunkkid, johnnynemo, axeslash, BrianApocalypse, mike2, dookie dude, lavazza and pinheadslts75
Thank God for CowsWithGuns

Quote by MattTheArsonist
Cowswithguns is my forum hero.

Quote by UraniYum
Cowswithguns is some kind of god on earth.

Love is never having to say your safeword.
Bottle of Dirt
She called me...Horsey
383 IQ
Quote by gopherthegreat
Your so p0nx by pretending you don't know that it's called classic rock.

You found me out! Whatever will I do? I mean everyone calls everything the same thing all the time...
gopherthegreat
592 IQ
Quote by Bottle of Dirt
You found me out! Whatever will I do? I mean everyone calls everything the same thing all the time...

Ya, I once said Classic rock and nobody knew what I meant

The vast majority of people would refer to Pink Floyd and Queen as classic rock.

Jack my swag
Last edited by gopherthegreat at Aug 16, 2008,
Bottle of Dirt
She called me...Horsey
383 IQ
Quote by gopherthegreat
Ya, I once said Classic rock and nobody knew what I meant

That was really clever, no really.
But you see, as I said before, not everyone calls classic rock, classic rock. Some people still just refer to it as rock, soft rock, or various other names.
dinosaur sr
the smiths > metal
310 IQ
the clash really arent that punk after their first two or three album

musicly that is
werty22
Banned
1,095 IQ
He's trying to down the punx. You know what you have to do.

Oi Oi Oi!

I was going to post an actual violent image, but then I realized I would get banned.
axeslash
I got no learnin'
3,485 IQ
I hate Descendent-182 with all my heart and soul.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
waterproofpie
breakfast connoisseur
2,962 IQ
Quote by axeslash
I hate Descendent-182 with all my heart and soul.

BostonLacrosse
HEY SUBURBIA!!
333 IQ
i dunno he was kinda right, besides the Ramones punk blows...im going to listen to some Floyd i need to unwind after my open mic set i had tonight
Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves-Eric Hoffer

Quote by GannonBracewell

CBGB wants to be famous like the others such as Green Day and Offspring. They don't want to be a underground punk band.
BrianApocalypse
Prozac Junkie
7,782 IQ
You're a f*cking doofus, and should listen to Pink Floyd and Queen.

Slap yourself for not doing it already.