I'm considering buying the schecter hellraiser (with a fixed bridge)...it comes loaded with EMGs, but I would want to get rid of them so I can also get decent cleans....would this guitar still sound as good without the EMG's?
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
Why don't you get the C-1 Blackjack?
Barry White is cooler than you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wish I could say you're funny and cool, but that would be like saying Africa doesn't have a poverty problem.
Quote by HLrocker
I'm considering buying the schecter hellraiser (with a fixed bridge)...it comes loaded with EMGs, but I would want to get rid of them so I can also get decent cleans....would this guitar still sound as good without the EMG's?

if you wanna good clean guitar, find another brand.

plus the hellraiser name would be crushed by clean tone.

EMG's are too precious to switch out
I've never played a blackjack, but I'll have to try one out next time I go to a guitar store...

and I wouldn't be playing strictly cleans, I mostly play A7X/Bullet for my valentine type stuff, but I like some cleans every now and then. And I don't realy think EMG's are all that 'precious', they're not versitle at all.
Quote by dcdossett65

Who.

Cares.
O rly nao?

Go listen to Metallica, just two songs from each album, and tell me that ****'s not versatile.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
Quote by Justice4AllOne
O rly nao?

Go listen to Metallica, just two songs from each album, and tell me that ****'s not versatile.

You can like EMG's all you want...but from my experience with them, all there good for is extremely heavey stuff, and while thats good from time to time, I don't want that ALL the time.
Quote by dcdossett65

Who.

Cares.
Dude, i just got a C-1 Hellraiser, and honestly, with the coil taps, the cleans are actually really good. O_O

I played through a Single Recto in the vintage mode, and got really close to a David Gilmour clean sound with the bridge split. They honestly sound really good.
EMG's plus a chorus effect equals a passable clean. Seriously. If you're playing metalcore type deals, you'll be glad you had them.

... Waiiiiit. If you're playing a Spider 3 like your profile says, go for some passive pickups.
Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model
EMG's clean channels are really good and have an amazing reputation.....
Do some reasearch bud.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
Quote by FLNagle
EMG's plus a chorus effect equals a passable clean. Seriously. If you're playing metalcore type deals, you'll be glad you had them.

... Waiiiiit. If you're playing a Spider 3 like your profile says, go for some passive pickups.

No, I got rid of my spider awhile ago. I play a Peavey VK now, I just haven't updated my profile
Quote by dcdossett65

Who.

Cares.