What would happen if you put a Big Muff Pi U.S.A. Reissue in front of a tube amp? My friend said that you should only but overdrive pedals like Tube Screamers in front of tube amps but no distortion pedals, but my other friend says that a Big Muff in front of a tube amp will sound AMAZING! Which is true? Thanks so much for your help!
big muff with tube is the gilmour set up

it sounds great at full volume but a lower volume it sounds kinda like a beehive

and big muff is more of a fuzz/sustainer
Gear:
Fender MIA Strat w/EMG SA's
Fender Super 60
Boss RT-20 Rotary Sim
Ibanez AD-9 Analog Delay
EHX Big Muff

"Doctor Kindly Tell Your Wife
That I'm Alive, Flowers Thrive
Realise, Realise, Realise"
he uses a big muff and other fuzzes
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Martin DC-16RE Premium

Fender Snakeskin Champ 12
I get a Jack White/Billy Corgan Lead tone with that set up. I have single coil pickups so my tone will be different from someone using humbuckers. If you got humbucker in your axe a wolmotherish tone is alot more achievable than with a guitar with single coils
Then put a humbucker in the bridge or use positions 2 and 4 on the pickup selector more often.
Quote by thefitz
Interesting. It turns out that there are people on the forum who play an upright bass. I'll make a note of that.

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

*stares at note for a minute*

*sits back down and resumes doing what I was doing*
Quote by newbienewbie
<bump>

You're really living up to your screenname with the one minute bump. Don't do that!

And yeah, a Big Muff and a tube amp works better than a Big Muff in front of a SS amp. People get hung up on what effects they can run with a tube. I generally suggest you stay away from anything too digital sounding, but other than that you should be lining up whatever you like.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.