Im looking for a versatile pedal, something that can play heavy metal stuff but can go to a nice bles overdrive. I've put my finger on two so far, the krank maximus distortus or the EHX metal muff with treble boost. The problem, I live in a country where they do not sell the pedals so I can't test it and I don't know which one would be better. Any comments or recommandations? and does anyone know what is that distortion pedal with John5?
I gots a metal muff and I gotta say its a great all around distortion pedal. you can dial in low gain distortion and really high gain distortion all in the same box plus the top boost is sweet for soloing.
what amp and guitar are you using?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
a crate gt80 and a korean made dean ML, a sucky china made ibanez and some handmade guitar for the blues stuff
the metal muff is a great pedal but as the name implies it's a metal pedal. not gonna get a real blues tone out of it. i've never used the krank pedal but my best guess is like it's name implies.......it's all METAL all the time also.
Last edited by mmjohn at Aug 19, 2008,
frogs, i wouldnt expect a lot out of the metal muff when used with the crate.

the crate probably wont take pedals that well.

imo, the MM sounds sterile thru all the solid state amps i've tried it with.
it sounds ok with tube amps, but even then the top boost is very high treble.

it's ok for the cash but not the be all end all.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Well could onli hear how the pedals are on youtube, i think there was one that played with a crate and it sounded pretty good. Its a risk with both pedals but i guess i might go with the MM for its top boost