Here's the story behind my 'situation': I was asked by a friend to feed/let out her dogs because she would be out of state until late at night. Next store to her was a garage sale that was packing it stuff up. Out of curiosity I went over and asked if they were selling any musical instruments. She (the women packing up) said she didn't know, and that she would ask her husband when he got back. I was doing a 'okay" sort of thing, then went in and fed the dogs and all that. After locking the house up, she shouted for me to come over and speak with her husband (stupid thing now that I think of it, being only 16). Turns out had a Gibson Les Paul Studio with Swamp Ash body for sale. The only thing wrong with it was the headstock was cracked in the bad (not horrible, but still noticeable). We talked, and now tomorrow I am going back over there to offer him my Washburn KC-42 with EMG's w/ cash for it. I'm not 100% sure about this, but the LP was great. The cracks didn't do anything to it. Do you guys think it is a good idea? He wants $400-ish, and I told him that I thought my Washburn was worth $300-$350.

So, any thoughts? Sorry for the wall of text!
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
good deal. get it.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
I wouldn't even bother unless you really want an LP.

A studio with a cracked headstock just doesn't sound good to me... at all.
I would say that sounds 'fair'. It's not going to be an amazing bargain (even if the headstock was in perfect condition), but you're not getting ripped off either. Ash LPs sound pretty nice (more sustain than anything, and a brighter tone than LPs usually have) and they can be hard to find now since Gibson don't make them anymore.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
idk....post pics of it?
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
Sounds like a great deal. Worst case scenario, you can take it to a luthier to fix up the cosmetics and re-sell it.
Quote by Demonazzz
I prefer barbed wire strings. I find I can get the most br00t41 tonez with it.