i dont see why it cant.
isnt Class AB a heavier sound than A?
also if your gonna play metal prolly get a metal zone pedal or the one by digitech for like 100dollars.
My Gear:
Fender Custom Shop Time Machine 1956 relic
plus accessories
Your position and your relationship with music has to be one from the inside. - John Frusciante
and yes, my avatar is weezy, what?
There are a lot of threads on this very subject, especially with the recent price drop.

Yes, in my opinion you could do metal with that amp and a bad monkey, it won't be super tight distortion, but you didn't specify what sort of tone you're after.
Quote by crzywhiteboy
i never played that amp but $200 for a 50 wat tube amp, i don't know about that.

My friend said the cleans were quite nice, and I switch from clean to heavy alot.
Guitars:
Epi G-310
Schecter C1 FR
Jackson 7 string
Brand New Dean DOF For sale PM if interested

Amps:
Blackheart little giant
Peavey Valveking

Other gear:
Bad monkey overdrive
Boss noise suppressor
Quote by guitar/bass76
There are a lot of threads on this very subject, especially with the recent price drop.

Yes, in my opinion you could do metal with that amp and a bad monkey, it won't be super tight distortion, but you didn't specify what sort of tone you're after.

I guess I'd say something like Jimi Hendrix type of overdrive. At the very least.
Guitars:
Epi G-310
Schecter C1 FR
Jackson 7 string

Amps:
Blackheart little giant
Peavey Valveking

Other gear:
Bad monkey overdrive
Boss noise suppressor
Last edited by GOpgabe at Aug 16, 2008,
I'm saying that at the very least thats what I'd go for. Should've specified sorry.
Guitars:
Epi G-310
Schecter C1 FR
Jackson 7 string

Amps:
Blackheart little giant
Peavey Valveking

Other gear:
Bad monkey overdrive
Boss noise suppressor
Yeah they can do metal with an overdrive pushing it.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker

@ jimi hendrix...

The least it does is clean, and with an od you could get up to metal - last I checked, hendrix level gain was somewhere between the two. I wouldn't say it nails a hendrix or metal tone, but it's pretty good for the price.
Quote by RHCP987123
i dont see why it cant.
isnt Class AB a heavier sound than A?
also if your gonna play metal prolly get a metal zone pedal or the one by digitech for like 100dollars.
I don't honestly see how you can recommend those pedals with a straight face. If you choose to use a distortion pedal, I would recommend the Metal Muff or the Line 6 uber metal.
-Paul Reed Smith SE Custom
-Bugera 333XL 212
Quote by DDoug
I don't honestly see how you can recommend those pedals with a straight face. If you choose to use a distortion pedal, I would recommend the Metal Muff or the Line 6 uber metal.

Maybe he can because he's entitled to his opinion.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.