I'm planning on buy a new amp within the year, and I'm wondering what kind I should. I heard that Randall makes good amps for metal and hard rock. I play thrash metal and other things (Megadeth, Overkill, Slayer, Metallica, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Led Zeppelin, you get the idea). I was wondering if this amp would be good for my style. Right now I am stuck with a shitty Jay Turser amp.
So, users of this amp/guitar gear gurus would this amp be good?
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Randall-G3-Plus-Series-RG75G3PLUS-75W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=481686
randall are real good amps i havnt played one that i didnt like.... but with saying that i find that there solid state/hybrid amps are really lacking in the gain department. i own one of the hybrids and its got great cleans (crap distortion) but with a decent overdrive/distortion pedal it will make faces bleed
Pissing people off since 1987

ESP/LTD MH 401 Stop tail
ESP/LTD MH 401 Floyd Rose
IBANEZ AM93 TKS
Rivera KnuckleHead Reverb
ISP Decimator
MXR KFK-1 10 Band EQ
Quote by di$TOrTed
budget?

Same as the price on the amp I want. Maybe you should check the link first.
Quote by dantheguitarist
Same as the price on the amp I want. Maybe you should check the link first.

Well i did but you never know if people are willing to go more or not.
That amp you've got linked is great. My school has owned that model for years now and its still in top form.
Quote by di$TOrTed
Well i did but you never know if people are willing to go more or not.

Also, sorry if that came out a bit hostile it wasn't meant to be.
save up a bit more check out fender's hot rods,maybe a nice tube combo would be good to just save up for more!
~Vince~
Fender MIM Telecaster ('06) [Modded]
PRS S2 Custom 24 ('13) [Modded]
Squier Affinity Fat Strat [Modded]
Yamaha F310

Mesa/Boogie Lonestar 1x12 Combo
Mesa/Boogie Mark V:25

SD Vapor Trail
Xotic SL Drive
Xotic BB Preamp
Boss BD-2
Boss DS-1 [MonteAllums]
MXR 10-Band EQ
Quote by xvasmx
save up a bit more check out fender's hot rods,maybe a nice tube combo would be good to just save up for more!

Um, aren't Fender amps normally used for blues and classic rock?
Quote by xvasmx

Fender amps are great but I dont really think they are what he is looking for. But yes, a tube amp will be much more satisfying.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
Fender tube amps take pedals pretty well, but if that's not the route you wanna go, I'd suggest a 5150.
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate