ok so i have a guitar with 2 pickups right now and i was wondering (on any guitar) if you start with 2 pickups and install new ones but only put in a bridge pickup what do you do about the neck spot? do you just leave it open (i saw the guy from ZZ Top do this and glued a used cigarette into the slot) or could you fill it up and get new paint or put a cover on it like a battery cover?
"Would you tell Picasso to sell his guitars?" - Jack Black

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

my dick is generally better than yours, and is more pleasing to look at and hold.
your dick understands and accepts this, and is willing to just move on.
Quote by Johansensan
ok so i have a guitar with 2 pickups right now and i was wondering (on any guitar) if you start with 2 pickups and install new ones but only put in a bridge pickup what do you do about the neck spot? do you just leave it open (i saw the guy from ZZ Top do this and glued a used cigarette into the slot) or could you fill it up and get new paint or put a cover on it like a battery cover?

you can just install the bridge pickup and leave the neck pickup in there...
what im doin for mine is switching from passive to active so thats not really an option =(

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

my dick is generally better than yours, and is more pleasing to look at and hold.
Dean Michael Schenker Standard, its stock pickups are some low end deans and im switching to an EMG 81

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

Quote by Johansensan
what im doin for mine is switching from passive to active so thats not really an option =(

You can leave the original neck pickup in the guitar, but you can't hook it up. I think a dead pickup would look better than an empty hole where a pickup should be. Plus if you decide to add another EMG (85,89 or 60) later you can.
^+1

You could take the magnet out of the pickup which will give your guitar better sustain but then leave the pickup in there. Or just set the pickup so it's really really low.
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by Invader Jim
Or you could keep the pup hooked up vie a switch to change between the active and passive circuit. I made a diagram for a guy here a couple days ago...

Yet again, Invader Jim has the ultimate solution!
Quote by zakkwyldefan79
You can leave the original neck pickup in the guitar, but you can't hook it up. I think a dead pickup would look better than an empty hole where a pickup should be. Plus if you decide to add another EMG (85,89 or 60) later you can.

+1. thats what i did with my old strat. theres an 81 in the bridge, a sticker over the middle pickup hole , and the original single coil in the neck not hooked up.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
ok i was thinking about what yall posted earlier with leaving the neck pickup in but the neck is open-coil and itd look pretty ugly.. i think what ill do is buy like a nameplate or something and stick it over the hole which might look kinda cool

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

or you could pull a Yngwie and the pick up wouldn't work but be for looks....
In your eyes I see the darkness that tourments you, and in your head where it dwells, I'll give you my hand if you reach out and grab it, let's walk away from this hell.
or a pickup cover shoved in there, lol
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
You could leave a blank hole. I've done that with my guitar's middle pup and it looks sweet!

Actually, it does look cool, but maybe not to everyone's taste...
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
If i got a name plate and put it over the cavity would using screws for it mess anything up?

Quote by Lt. Shinysides