my friend is upgrading his cheap LP copy(wich is very nice, better than any epiphone below the custom IMO) but when plugged the sound is not that great, i checked the guitar and the electronics are really cheap, so he will upgrade his electronics, he already bought new pups and the sound is something he enjoys, but i am sure that upgrading his cheap pots and caps will really help out the pup to show its real tone,
so are this any good?
http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Electronics,_pickups/Supplies:_Wiring_kits/Wiring_Kit_for_Les_Paul.html
or are dimarzio any better?
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
First off, if it's a copy, you won't need long shaft pots im sure. check that out.

second

don't buy kits and ****. just buy seperately. Alpha brand are good pots. I've heard good things about orange drop caps, but i just use a poly film .02 mfd cap for tone. works well for a bucker.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
what about dimarzio pots?
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
eh, i stick with these, and probably can be bought off of small bear for cheap

alpha pots - 500k
poly film .02 mfd cap
switchcraft output jack (if electronics are active, you need a stereo jack)
any decent brand of pup switch should be okay.

just remember, you get what you pay for. don't cheap out or you're back to swquare one. if you don't have spare wire and such though, than perhaps that kit will be okay for you.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...