I'm looking for some good cables that I can really depend on. I tried the whole "buy a bunch of cheap ones and hope they last," and that didn't really work out yesterday at a gig. I was looking at those Custom Planet Waves cables, are they worth the price? And are there any other cables worth the money?
Quote by DevilsDance76
rigeljs is on the money...

PRS 513 Mahogany>Fulltone Clyde Wah>Tonebone Classic>MXR Dyna Comp>ISP Noise Decimator>Boss TU-2>Mesa Lonestar Special
Monster cables. I usually go through cables often, but my $25 20' one has lasted over a year and a half. It's alot less stiff than most cables too.
You know, I don't remember the brand I'm using right now, but it's awesome. I'm 98% sure it's called Mogami, and they're supposedly better than Monster. Monster's awesome too, but Mogami's supposed to be just a little bit better.
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
Monster Studio Pro or something is good so I heard
86% of the people who frequent the "Electric Guitar" forum would say that they have played guitar for under 5 years.
I actually noticed a difference after buying planet waves cables...I really like them. Dimazrio is supposedly better though.
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
if you're in the UK, cleartone.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah, I use Planet Waves cables. I pretty much got them for the gold tips and the lifetime guarantee. That and my mom paid for them.
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
Monster=Overpriced!
I have em', won't buy them anymore. I plan on switching to Planet Waves asap. There just as good, or maybe even better, at a fraction of the price.
Quote by ManInAClownSuit
Yeah, I use Planet Waves cables. I pretty much got them for the gold tips and the lifetime guarantee. That and my mom paid for them.

the gold tips don't really do, er, anything (or at least anything that they do is cancelled out by the rest of the PW cable being sub-par). my cleartones annihilate my planet waves, and they don't have gold tips (and the PWs do).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Maybe I'll change to Cleartones then. But sub-par how?
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
planet waves are great in my experience. Dimarzio has good cables too.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
I like my Planet Waves one, but it broke.

Now I'm using a plain old cheap one, and y'know, doesn't really sound that much different. Only slightly more buzz.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Quote by ManInAClownSuit
Maybe I'll change to Cleartones then. But sub-par how?

mine seemed to cut a ton of high-end, generally made things sound muddy, but kind of harsh at the same time. if that makes sense. just didn't sound very good, i guess.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have some Rodam Pro Series cables, and they haven't failed me yet in the time I've had them, and they were decently cheap too so give them a try.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG