i don't longboard, medium board, or even small board, but that was a pretty cool video, some really nice shots in there
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
na man i use a skateboard
Quote by RU Experienced?
I like staring at girls' boobs and seeing how long it takes them to say something and what their reaction is. It's win-win-win

Quote by darkstar2466
I once saw two snails fuck. It was pretty damn cool.
not really into longboarding, but i have a zip zinger set up with bones swiss bearings, that i ride from time to time.
I Longboard
I don't trick a lot. I'm a cruiser.

I use a sector-9 board with speed demon bearings and a pair of white sector 9 wheels. My trucks are stock though. The hills in Hawaii are fun to ride down. This one time I was bombing a hill and this stupid kid on a bike came out of his driveway (the hill was a slight curve so I didn't see) and a tore my jeans from my knee down. Twas great since I knew who the guy was
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
I'm an amateur. Around here we don't get many longboarders, but I wanna start. What advice do you guys have?
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
I thought you meant long surfboard *leaves disappointed*

Gear:
Ibanez JPM P100A
Schecter C7 Loomis
Ibanez Rg1570
Agile Intrepid 828 Pro Dual
Schecter Omen FR Extreme
Ibanez RG550 (Fernandez Sustainer)
Laney World Series 120-TR
POD X3 Live
Yea I longboard with friends. I just borrow boards.

Right now I borrowed a speed board and I also have this cool carving board that we call the Mummy.
i have a sector 9 goddess board. it's got the inverted trucks but i can't remember the brand off the top of my head. gumball wheels. not to boast but i've taken it down some slopes many people would be terrified of trying. i love longboarding.
I skateboard (badly, as seen in profile pic).

But sounds like a nice setup. Bones Swiss are meant to be amazing.
i went for the first time last weekend and it was pretty awesome. my friend did it for the first time and he really picked it up quick since he snowboards. i did pretty good on the one sector 9 board i borrowed, but when i tried my friends better board it started getting real wobbly and unstable and i fell, but im still stoked to do it more this summer
I've got a killer longboard somewheres. it's shaped like a fish. I think it's a sector 9.
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
i've got a Honey Rogue with Paris 180s and lime Zigs.

i longboard all the time, i got the perfect hill right across the street. don't do lots of tricks though.
I longboard a lot, just cruise with a few friends around our streets though. Usually at night so no cars or people get in the way. It's nice when you're cruising and you feel the night breeze

Oh, and it's funny, my friend is a righty and skates normal, I'm a righty and skate goofy, and my other friend's a lefty and skates normal. So we all skate differently and other skaters who sometimes join us notice that we're all different haha. Unfortunately, I'm the slowest of the bunch

Not much into tricks and bombing though. We have bombed a few hills, and while it was cool, we prefer a nice, mellow cruise.
Gear:
'50s National Archtop
Squier Classic Vibe '60s Tele
Squier Affinity Strat
Gibson Melody Maker
Vox AC-15
50s Stella Parlor Acoustic

MOAR FIRST ACT
I was there
Last edited by ilikeguitar90 at May 21, 2009,
i got a stock Sector 9. man tahts the smoothest ride ever. i love when we go on vacation to Hilton Head Island every year, and just cruise on the sidewalks for hours w/ my friend. hauls serious ass too. i ****ed up my hip and my elbow on it in '04 when i went to fast down a hill and fell at the bottom via a speed wobble. the friction burnt off the entire front and side (sleve included) of my shirt off.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
Last edited by Strato-Massacre at May 21, 2009,
I ride an Arbor Koa Pin with Randal 180's, Bones Reds, Khiro bushings, and Lime Big Zig's.

I absolutely love it, puts me at peace with the world. I love nothing more than cruising around with my girlfriend.
Last.fm
Quote by Weybl Himself
It's the Pit, every day is Dumbass Question Day
Yah man. I went longboarding all day in London, Ontario today. Took an hour drive, hit some decent hills.

I have a moose board with a kick tail, and core trucks with some abec 7 bearings. Just bought it off Ebay but it's actually a nice set up.

Going down to Grand Bend (a beach with a lot of hot ladies and some good hills) soon which will be fun. Maybe I'll get some footager this year, but it would have been sketchy on the good hills we went on today.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Oh and can anyone give me tips for doing that slide?

I could power slide on a skateboard sometimes, but a longboard is a different story. Also what kind of wheels (soft, hard) would best be suited for sliding.

The only cool trick I can kind of do is walking on the board, which is sketchy when going fast. I also can do small manuals cause of the kick.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Quote by shadow__666
I'm an amateur. Around here we don't get many longboarders, but I wanna start. What advice do you guys have?

take it easy, dont try any hills you dont feel good about.

i have a fiberglass board (not any brand name), gullwing chargers, redz, and gripinz wheels. i just cruise around, i think doing tricks on longboards kinda defeats the purpose of longboarding. i used to go in the northern cali area but now im in minnesota.... lame. lol
i'm taking my board down a HUGE ass hill this weekend. it's actually a canyon. it's about three miles long!!! steep/mellow/HELL/mellow than it flattens out. wish me luck fellow longboarders.
Yeah. I think it's a lot of fun. I don't do tricks, just cruise around. I live in Houston, really flat. So parking garages can be a pretty intense ride.
Quote by Alex Vik
M lead guitarist is getting one instead of changing his amp (Spider III)

as a devoted skater of over 11 years, i don't know who to side with on this one. longboarding is life but that amp blows.
Is longboarding similar to snowboarding? It looks similar in terms of body mechanics...

Can anyone talk from experience?
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Quote by breadstick
Is longboarding similar to snowboarding? It looks similar in terms of body mechanics...

Can anyone talk from experience?

not really. someone told me once that on a snowboard you turn on your back foot, on a skateboard you turn with your weight over the front truck or simply leaning to the side.
Quote by skaterskagg1
as a devoted skater of over 11 years, i don't know who to side with on this one. longboarding is life but that amp blows.

He quit skating so that he doesn't injure himself causing him to not be able to play for a while (ala James Hetfield), but his friend just got a longboard and now he's saving up about $120 for one.

I'm gonna try and give him a Tube Screamer for Christmas and tell him he better plug it into something decent soon.
Quote by Alex Vik
He quit skating so that he doesn't injure himself causing him to not be able to play for a while (ala James Hetfield), but his friend just got a longboard and now he's saving up about $120 for one.

I'm gonna try and give him a Tube Screamer for Christmas and tell him he better plug it into something decent soon.

give him an ultimatum, longboarding or the band.
Quote by skaterskagg1
give him an ultimatum, longboarding or the band.

I would, but the band would be **** without him. Hell, it's mainly just me and him that are the band. He can do lead guitar, vocals, and drums, while I can do rhythm guitar, bass, and backing vocals. If we had a studio we could probably have an album recorded with all the songs we've been writing as well.

tl;dr He's a necessary part of the band and I can't do that. Besides, he plays his guitar like crazy, he just has horrible tone. He's way more dedicated than the rhythm guitarist is, and we don't have an official drummer yet.
Quote by blue_bogan
I thought you meant long surfboard *leaves disappointed*

Me too, but I don't use longboards for surfing, shortboards are the way to go
I think its time to pack your things lets go,
To a place where we both know,
And dont worry, I'll drive real slow,
Spend some time before we go..